Thread: Lenovo Y430 dolby home theater problem

Lenovo Y430 dolby home theater problem

My father gifted me a new laptop which is lenovo ideapad Y430. It is having vista 32bit installed in it. Last Sunday I tried to install the vista 64 bit windows on it and it got installed successfully. All the functions are working properly but then I found that the Dolby home theater is not working problem. It was working fine on 32 bit vista. So is there anyone who has faced the similar problem and managed to get it solved then please tell me the way to do that. Thank you.

Re: Lenovo Y430 dolby home theater problem

I think that you need to install a new driver. Your audio driver may be corrupted or due to some reason it may not be functioning properly. Uninstall the driver and restart the laptop. When it starts again it will detect the driver missing and install the driver automatically and if it does not help you then you can download the latest driver from internet and install that on your computer. In many of such cases it solves the problem.

Have you tried to install the 32bit driver. Because as you told that it was working fine when it was running on 32 bit driver. What happens actually, sometimes companies places the wrong driver where it need operating system version. I knew this because I faced this issue many times before this and it was the same issue all the time.

Friends I am also having some similar issue. I upgraded to windows 7 and everything was fine but the only problem is that the touch sensitive buttons on the top of it was not working fine. I tried some tricks to solve that but that were not helpful to me. Do you have any other way to get out of the issue? I am waiting for your response. Thank you in advance and hope you will give the proper suggestion.

There may be problem with the one key theater software and according to me you need to reinstall the one key theater software. This is the software that is needed .to run your home theater properly and if it is not installed the properly or it get corrupted then you will have the similar problem. You can also download it from internet and install that.

Your energy management software may also create such problem therefor you should reinstall the energy management software. I reinstalled this when I was having issue wich was almost similar to yours. I found that there is a registry folder which had dolby_32x_64x, I ran that. In my case it solves the issue.

Thank you very much for your replies. I installed the one key theater software as suggested above by pugsly and when I installed that then I found that the issue is gone after a simple reboot. I am very happy now I don’t have any problem with the home theater. Pugsly's suggestion helped me to fix this but I would like to that each and everyone over here for reading and responding to this. Thank you.