Thread: Location Services disabled message on iPad with new finder app

Location Services disabled message on iPad with new finder app

I am using iPad. I just got back into the application " maps " and I am connected to my WiFi access Free. I search on any address and find myself ipad this research and I see in my choices , plan or satellite view , etc. ... For the moment of happiness. Except that if I press the icon at the bottom left of the application , ie that of the current location, the ipod wonder : " Plans " would use your current location (Cancel / OK ), But when I click OK, the icon turns ( think ) but nothing happens. Do I forget something ? Please suggest.

Re: Location Services disabled message on iPad with new finder app

This can occur in the following cases :
    * The date on your machine is incorrect. This setting can be changed in Settings > General> Date & Time.
    * updated. He must carry iOS 3.1 or later ( 4.1 recommended iOS ) .
    * Your MobileMe account is not configured on your device. Enter your MobileMe account information in Settings > Mail , Contacts and Calendar.
    * The push option is not enabled on your device and data recovery settings are set to Manual. The push option is recommended for all MobileMe members . You can change these settings in Settings > Mail , Contacts , Calendar > News data.

Multiple MobileMe accounts are stored on your iPhone or iPod touch iPad . Locate features of my iPhone can be activated on one account ( the same one that uses email or Push mode you synchronize contacts , calendars and bookmarks) . Log in to Locate my iPhone with another member name until your device appears . already launched an erasure of the iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. The device appears on the page only when it has been reconfigured with the information on your MobileMe account. The notification service MobileMe push is being planned maintenance or present unexpected problems . Check system status on MobileMe support website.

Your device is turned off ( for example , the battery has run down ) . You can however send a message to your iPhone or iPod touch or iPad launch a remote wipe , this information will be received once the device is turned on and has recovered its Internet connection. You recently changed your MobileMe password . If you recently changed your password MobileMe, but have not put it up to date on your device , reset the password previously used and try again.

There is now a "solution" that responds to the name Maps Offline , it can create packages of card you can use without login:
    1. First , you need an iPhone or iPod Touch with firmware 1.2 minimum " jailbroken "
    2. Download Application " OfflineMaps "from Cydia
    3. I "made " the map of Geneva, but here's how to create your own maps :
    1. Download " Global Map Download Tool( for Windows)
    2. Unzip and open the application "/ GMDL / bin / debug / Global Map Download Tool.exe "
    3. Search the city you want, click the " 1x Preview "to see what happens .
    4. Then "Download The Map "in the upper left
    5. Once finished, click the " -> iPad " at the top right