Thread: Can Samsung B3410 play MP4 videos?

Can Samsung B3410 play MP4 videos?

I really do not know what the problem with the Samsung is. They have mentioned that this mobile phone is capable of playing the MP4 files, but when I tried playing the same on the Samsung B3410, I have found that it is unable to play the videos. What is wrong with this mobile? I am sure that I converted the file properly with the converter. I have read the specifications clearly and it did say that the phone is capable of playing the MP4 files. Has anyone faced situation like this?

Re: Can Samsung B3410 play MP4 videos?

To make sure I went and read the specifications of the Samsung B3410 on the official website of the Samsung and I also found that the mobile supports the MP4 videos. I do not know anything in this respect. All I can tell you at this moment is to take the cell phone to the service center and let them handle the thing by themselves. If it is under warranty then they will do it for you in free. Hope that they will tackle or give you another phone in case of replacement.

In your post I found one thing that the videos that you were trying to play were not the original MP4 files, you had mentioned that the files that you are trying to play are converted to the MP4 format. I think that the real culprit maybe the converter that is causing this problem. By the way can you tell me the name of the converter that you are using for converting the videos? Please try playing the videos that are not converted ones and see if they can play.

Well I also agree to what Antonio1 said. Please try to run the original MP4 videos and then see if it can be played on the mobile phone. If the original MP4 files play on the mobile then there is a fault with the converter and if it fails to run on your mobile phone then I think that the mobile needs to be given to the Samsung Mobile Service Center and let them see the matter. I will be glad to know that they replaced the phone, as I think that this is the only way.

OK I have finally agreed that there must be some problem with the MP4 files that is not allowing it to play. I also agree that the reason may be because of the converter that may be causing some problem with the conversion, but I have visited some of the cases that say that they cannot play the file that are MP4, I just want to know what could be the possible reason behind this. Please members of this forum come out with some proper conclusion.

Well on your request I tried playing the original mp4 video file on the Samsung B3410. Now I cannot make out who is the real culprit. When this time I tried playing the video I found that videos can be seen but there was no audio coming out of it. Well I was using Total Video Converter for the conversion. I do not think that the Converter was that bad at all. Now, I am sure that there is some problem with the piece and I am going back to the gallery.

If you have already decided to go for the replacement then I think it the best thing, but before doing that I would like to do this for one time. Try and download the updates for the mobile phone and see if that can make the difference. Also please try the RESET option. Also before going for that do make sure that you have all the data backed-up. First try the SOFT RESET and if it does not work then go for the HARD RESET.

Here is what to do get videos to play.

Download one of the free video converters you can find online.

PM me if have trouble finding one.

Find whatever video you want to watch on the phone and click "Add Video".

Choose Profile: "Customized MP4".
    Frame Size: 320x240
    Video Bitrate: 256
    Video Framerate: 12fps

The main reasons most fail is because people are not using Mpeg4 codec and also choosing higher FPS than the allowed 12.

Follow the above instructions and it will work like a charm