Thread: Lenovo Quality and Customer Service, advice?

Lenovo Quality and Customer Service, advice?

Hello everybody! I need your people advice to buy one new laptop. I work uses are 2D graphic editing and sometime Video and audio editing, normal internet surfing, word processing etc. I am planning to buy new Lenovo Thinkpad R 14. Work with core 2 duo processor. It is also including 160 GB hard disk, 2 GB RAM, 14.1 inch wide screen and DVD driver. All these things it is give me three years warranty. Total cost of this laptop is just $1499 only. I think its best deal but still I need your people advice. I had lots of problem in my past with Dell services. I want to know that how Lenovo works, how they deal with their customer. But some where I have also read that Lenovo is very bad in their customer services. Therefore please give your people opinion about laptop and also about Lenovo service system.

Re: Lenovo Quality and Customer Service, advice?

Right now I am using one Lenovo R52 and happy with that and I have also used one R42. But honestly I am not happy with others. But I have reason to say that. I am an employed on IT company and have lots of danger stories for Toshiba, Apple, HP and Dell. But I think so there is no perfect laptop. All have some kind of mistake. Apple is fake that they give reliable laptops while it is not true. And in Toshiba, its fan makes sound like jet plane engine because of thermal problems. And Sony customer services are worst as compare to other but there failure rates are lowest. And dell wills repair your all problem until you have one power to hold them.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You know I am not a Lenovo user but still I will recommend you about Lenovo laptop. They will never leave you if you are in problem like other leave you. But the laptop you are considering is made with very good material. And suppose you will have some problem they will treat you in better way. But I will not be sure about overheating, battery performance because all these can vary bcz of your performance. Suppose you are using very high game and other one is using normal application, you cannot accept same form them.

I do not know about their services but I made one order with Lenovo 3 weeks ago but I have not received yet. I have called them almost three to four time but they are giving me same reply again and “we will delivered it tomorrow”. But their work performance is ok. Some of my friends are using Lenovo laptop and I have not heard that they are having any problem. For working performance you can buy but for service support I will say no.

unsure Re: Lenovo Quality and Customer Service, advice?

Hi friends,
    i would like to purchase laptop for my professional use(ie..mechanical modelling and analysis software). i'm having two different branded laptop in my mind
    1.Lenova thinkpad Y560
    2. Dell studio 15

i came to know that there is screen resolution problem in lenovo Y560.is it true? or is it safe to go with DELL.plz let me know which is best in all possible means.

It is true that the Lenovo has some screen bugs which is still under constructions. I had found the same issue on lots of users and till now there is no update for the same. Till the time why not you try the Dell system. They are also really good in after sale service. The price margin may differ but according to Dell is much reliable for long run.