Thread: How to backup and transfer contacts from iphone to computer?

How to backup and transfer contacts from iphone to computer?

I have bought an iPhone from last two months and i have felt anything regarding the transferring my iPhone stuff to the computer system. But i guess i should have a backup now. Anything can happen any time, I mean i cannot even think about loosing this phone. Anyway, So i just want to know an easiest way to transfer my contacts from an iPhone to the pc.

Re: How to backup and transfer contacts from iphone to computer?

There are huge number of softwares which allows you to transfer the contacts from your iPhone to the computer system.
    1. Connect your iPhone to your PC and use DiskAid v3 (Very simple) or CyberDuck via SSH to access the root of your iPhone.
    2. Navigate to the directory : / private / var / mobile / Library / SMS
    3. Then copy the file " sms.db"And paste it into a folder on your computer. Example , on the desktop in a folder well specific to SMS as " Save / SMS«
    4. Then navigate to the directory : / private / var / mobile / Library /AddressBook
    5. And copy the contenuti file in a folder on your PC vic . Example , on the desktop in a folder well -specific contacts as " Save / Contacts«.
    6. Restoring files is as easy as running the reverse process . Put the files you just copied into the iPhone the same locations.
    7. SMS: / private / var / mobile / Library / SMS
    8. Contacts : / private / var / mobile / Library /AddressBook

Using Tansee iPhone Transfer Contact all iPhone user can backup the contact and contact's photo to computer. With Tansee iPhone Transfer Contact, you can transfer the iPhone contact to computer as a txt file or a ANTC file before the event above happens. Before the transfer, you can choose to transfer all contacts or a single contact, further more, you can choose transfer the contact to a TXT file or a ANTC file. In ANTC file condition, you can protect the file with a password to keep your privacy.

Before transferring them into Outlook you need to Export (I board to create in your document a files MyContacts ): Search CONTACTS > > Top right EXPORT > > vCards ( dossiers.vcf )> > Record or you can find them easily ( eg new folder MyContacts). Open Outlook> > lower left CONTACTS ( normally empty). Slide All Contacts converted.vcf on the part contact Outlook. Here you can edit them by double clicking and / or making groups by CATEGORIES (right click on category and define a color you rename )
    Replace these contacts in the phone. Can chance that you 're gone from an iphone to another which is not a smartphone , in my case the Meizu M8 is under Windows CE ( I also test with the HTC HD Monday) but it is likely that other have system Sync of this kind. In connection device synchronization wizard asks you to sync your contacts Windows via Outllook (AC is great ) and the first sync your contacts can be found on the phone. (to reassure you that you can make a "Copy directory telephone on the sim). Contact management is done and via Outlook Contacts which have easier with a real keyboard and a Big Screen ( flat preferably ) , then it syncs.

You have to put an Outlook as a default program on your pc to make your iPhone recognized by it. At first , follow the instructions in the error message :
    Open Microsoft Outlook. Go to Tools > Options, then in the "Other" tab. Check the box next to " Make Outlook the default program for mail , contacts and calendar. Confirm by clicking OK.
    Microsoft Windows XP :
    • Click on the Start menu and choose Set Program Access and Defaults.
    • In the left pane, select Set Program Access and Defaults.
    • In the right pane , select Custom.
    • A line Choose a mail program default , select your Outlook email client.

Microsoft Vista :
    • Click on the Start menu and choose Default Programs.
    • Then click Choose your default programs.
    • In the left pane select Microsoft Outlook and right click Set this program as default.
    • Close the window by clicking OK.

Setting iTunes, Once you have set your outlook as a default application. Now you should click on the iPhone in the left menu. In the right window , select the " News ". Then check the items to synchronize.

erer002 Guest

smile Re: How to backup and transfer contacts from iphone to computer?

Maybe you should go Discussion-Apple to look for what is iTunes user directions about how to backup your iphone.
    Other than there are also a tool called Contacts Tool search iphone applications,and it will help u a lot if u want to transfer the contacts to computer.Like Out2003 or Outlook2007...

Outlook 2003:
    1. In Outlook, choose Tools > Options.
    2. Click Other and then click Advanced Options.
    3. Select COM add-ins and select the iTunes sync add-in and click OK.
    4. Click Apply and then continue with the steps below.

Outlook 2007:
    1. In Outlook, choose Tools > Trust Center.
    2. In the Categories pane, click Add-ins.
    3. In the Details pane, locate the iTunes add-in in the "Inactive Application Add-ins" list.
    4. In the Manage box, click COM Add-ins, and then click Go.
    5. In the COM Add-Ins dialog box, select the iTunes sync add-in.
    6. Click OK.
    Morever,i like to share a page about ipod/iphone/ipad backup & transfer software reviews, which make a comparison of iPod/iPhone/iPad transfer & backup software.

Outlook is good tool for you to transfer iPhone contact to computer easily.

That gives you a comma separate list of your Outlook Contacts. Transfer that to your new computer, then you can import them into your new version of Outlook with the following steps:
    On the File menu, click Import and Export.
    Click Import from another program or file, and then click Next.
    In the list, click Comma Separated Values (Windows), and then click Next.
    Click Browse, locate your file, and then click Next.
    Click your Contacts folder or another folder that contains contacts, and then click Next.
    In the list, click the file that contains your address list, and then click Map Custom Fields.

You can use outlook express to solved the issue about how to transfer contacts from iPhone to computer.
    I have done this but it was not the easiest thing to do.
    You need to go to info in your iPhone settings in iTunes, select where you want to back it up to in outlook or yahoo, windows or Google, then sync your phone and job done.

Here is how to transfer contacts from iPhone to computer.
    Run iTunes and connect your iPhone to computer. Note: Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes. You can click Help and Check for updates in iTunes.
    Click the iPhone icon under Devices and click the info tab from the list that comes up on your main iTunes screen.
    Windows users select "Sync Contacts with"; Mac users opt for "Sync Address Book Contacts".
    Choose to sync all of your contacts or only select groups to transfer to computer.
    Click "Apply" to start transferring.