Thread: Opera Mini 5 no longer connecting over wifi on Sony ericsson W995

Opera Mini 5 no longer connecting over wifi on Sony ericsson W995

I recently had to set-up my Sony ericsson W995 as it was receiving slow-moving. I had to flash it with SEUS and it works well now at this moment. My only matter is that Opera Mini 5 (and the versions before that i.e. 4.2) purely doesn't work over wi-fi. It now only works using my 3G connection. It used to work entirely fine before blinking. The Netfront browser does work over wi-fi and I've even physically entered the IP address, DNS, Gateway etc. Any ideas on where I'm going wrong? Local associations are enabled and other programs can connect over wi-fi.

Re: Opera Mini 5 no longer connecting over wifi on Sony ericsson W995

If you are suffering from constant Wi-fi problem in the phone then there may be a problem in the firmware so the best option available to you is that update the phone with the latest firmware. These can be done by going to the Sony ericsson website and then select your phone model and click on the update button to update the firmware these will resolve your issue of thew wi-fi connection.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I have already updated the firmware from the Sony ericsson website but was not able to connect to the opera mini browser with the help of the Wi-Fi connection. Is there any problem in the browser that i am using in the phone that is the Opera mini 5. Please give me the proper solution to resolve these issue.

If there is not a problem in the phone then the browser that you are using might have some problem in it. To resolve these issue download the latest and fresh copy of the opera mini 5 from the opera mini website and install it in the phone these will connect through the wi-fi connection and also check the the wi-fi connection is it is working properly or not.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

If there is a constant problem about the Browser that you are using with the wi-fi connection then you can go for another browser such as the UCWeb and other browser available in the market. These might resolve your issue other than that if you have any problem then contact the support desk of the Sony ericsson to overcome the trouble.

I also have a W995 and together versions of Opera mini work fine over Wi-Fi. The only object I can propose is delete all the installed versions of Opera on your phone and re-install them, either from the .jar file or in a straight line from the internet. Have you tried affecting the application to the phone from the memory card or vice versa, or amid the Games and Application folders? Also verify that both the Permissions and Internet settings for the Opera app.(from options when you underline it) are both set to non-attendance.