Thread: Dell Studio 1558 black screen crashes

Dell Studio 1558 black screen crashes

Have Dell studio 1588 and one day some GPU crashes. I uninstall the graphic device and reinstall the driver. after that i did not get this error any more. But last night when surfing i got a black screen crash. It never happen when i play game,listen song, watch video. Only happen when i surf. I can't understand what the problem is. Is there something wrong that relate to surfing problem? Thank you in advance for your suggestion.

Re: Dell Studio 1558 black screen crashes

I have the same issue wit6h streaming video from Hulu. i get a black screen of death but the strange thing is that the computer is still on. Then i gave call to tech support, they perform remote computing to fix the problem, but the end result is nothing happen. It still continue to crash. Even i had search on net for this problem but i did not got any solution. i am going to return my system as I had bought it two weeks ago.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Have you tried the below things. If not you should try this.
    1) Run dell troubleshooting tool
    2)scan system for anti-virus/spyware
    3)perform registry scan and disk check
    4)Perform dell diagnostics
    If there is some problem then you will get the error message for that hardware.

I follow some instruction about it being an audio codec error. I disable the audio and video drivers. Logged to youtube and now the video played. Turn on the display driver for the ATI rather then VGA so same thing happen again. So i decided to download the ATI catalyst control centre from ATIs website. I install it and the problem is resolve no more black screens. Now i can watch youtude in full mode. Try this it may also fix your problem.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I too have the same problem, I try different tricks and ideas suggested by experts but nothing work. So I finally decide to replace the motherboard. After Dell replace the motherboard I am sure that I do not have any such problem. So I will suggest you to call Dell tech support and get replaced your motherboard. It will take sometime but finally your problem will get solved.