Thread: Insignia HD Digital Camcorder as Web Cam or Security Cam?

Insignia HD Digital Camcorder as Web Cam or Security Cam?

I have purchased a Insignia Digital Camcorder for which is having the nice feature. But what i wanted to know is that whether it is possible to use the camcorder as the Webcam or Security cam. Webcam means, can i connect the device of mine to computer and use it as Webcam or connect to PC and use it is recording video. Thanks in advance.

Re: Insignia HD Digital Camcorder as Web Cam or Security Cam?

Active WebCam broadcasts live video over the Internet from any device capable of capturing an image stream. The software ensures a flow of up to 30 frames per second! The video and broadcast can be viewed from any web browser without installing plug-ins. The program can be programmed to emit a sound, send an email with a screenshot, start a video stream or record video on the fly.

DVdriver work together multiple applications simultaneously webcam software. It lets your camcorder act like a webcam that has optical zoom, auto focus, stereo sound, auto stabilizing, night vision, optics, high quality, and more, depending on your camcorder. Order Zoom, focus, recording, and optionally pan / tilt with your PC locally and over the Internet.

WebCamDV you can turn your DV camera and webcam in a more multitude tools that do not offer the webcams on the market. WebCamDV allows you to zoom, night vision, auto focus. It supports MSN, Yahoo Messenger and AIM. I will advise you to go with the same and see whether you are getting it work or not. Thanks .

If you're like me, you have a lot of friends who were away from home, now living thousands of miles away, or friends who went to college and live in different places. personally hate phones and instant messaging, but when you combine its features with a webcam, it's like you're out with those friends again, you can see them, their families, their fourth disastrous. and makes chatting more fun. The downside is you need a webcam and webcams are the best quality problems

I have gone through the detail that you have asked me about and wanted to tell you that i have gone through the same and let me tell you that the device is having the problem with the same. I have gone through the same and it is working for me.
    Using Panasonic NV-GS 120 Camcorder as webcam