Thread: How to backup contacts from Sony Ericsson Spiro?

How to backup contacts from Sony Ericsson Spiro?

At first I was having a Nokia mobile, but then I thought of changing the brand and I made a choice for the Sony Ericson. In Sony Ericson I found the Spiro that released in the month of April this year. I thought that this will be a better one to go with. I was happy having this piece with me. Now I was having a way to backup my contacts in the Nokia phone and I would like to know if there is something like that in this piece of Sony Ericsson.

Re: How to backup contacts from Sony Ericsson Spiro?

As far as I know one can use the PC suite to back up the data and the contacts of their phone. In your case of Nokia I think that you use to do in the similar manner. I would suggest you to use the Sony Ericsson PC Suite for restoring the data. You can get the PC suite from the official web site of the Sony Ericsson. Download it install it and see if that can come to the business. Hope that works for you.

I have already tried the PC suite, yes you were correct I use to do the same in Nokia using the Nokia PC suite, but I cannot do the same with the Sony Ericsson. Whenever I try to do this I get caught in the compatibility issue. The PC Suite page says that the Phone that you are trying to connect is actually not compatible. Also I cannot see the Phone in the Sync list. Please can anyone suggest me how I can get through this?

If you do not want to get fall in the claws of the PC suite or any other software issues then I think you should go for SIM card to back up all your contacts. It will totally depend on the nature of the SIM. Say, it may have somewhat around 250 to 300 contacts capacity. Also the messages can be saved in the SIM card as well. This is best way I think you can by which back up all your contacts.

Well thanks for this, but I do not want the contacts to be backed up in this manner. I actually want to back up all my contacts in the PC. If the mobile somehow gets lost along with the SIM then I do not think that your suggestion will make any difference for me. Can you all here please come up with some brighter ideas? It will really be appreciated. Also why the phone cannot be supported by all the SE synchronization software?

I think I have come here for something valuable too you. You can store the contacts to the Memory Stick so that you can restore it any time you need. Here is the step by step procedure of what you need to do:
    • All you need to do is first go to the Menu
    • There you will find Contacts just select this option.
    • Under the Contacts you will find Options
    • After the Options you will have to select Advanced
    • At last you will find an option called Back up to MS, just select that.

Now you can use the contacts that have been saved in the Memory Stick whenever you want.

I was about to post the similar solution but I think that Simond has won the race this time. Well this was somewhat related to save your contacts in the Memory Stick. If at all you want to keep it in the PC, then you can do it now very easily, using the Memory Stick. Just insert the Memory Stick in the PC and then go to Memory Stick then MSSEMC after that System and then PIM and finally to PB_Backup.vcf. The PB_Backup.vcf is the required file.