Thread: Sony Ericsson K800i Keypad Problem

Sony Ericsson K800i Keypad Problem

Hello,
    My K800i behaves very strange, just out of the blue some buttons of the keypad are "pressed" on their own or some others execute something else other than what they are supposed to do (i.e. back button instead of sending you back is is opening the gallery, the upper left, my shortcut is to enter the calls, is pressed every 2-3 seconds and it is trying to call the first entry in the list). I visit the shop i bought it and they said that maybe is because of the drops (it dropped about twice) but come on two drops and is dead? Something else that mentioned is humidity within the phone may be i drop water or something else. But as far as i remember i haven't. I have the latest firmware (i used the "update service"). I used to own nokia before and i have never been nice with them and none has complained because of the "drops". Well anyone could figure out what this problem and what i it will cost me?

Re: Sony Ericsson K800i Keypad Problem

Most likely water damage. Turn off the phone, remove battery and SIM and leave the phone in a warm, dry place (like an airing cupboard or something similar) for a couple of days. Put it all back together and try it again.

I disassembled the phone (i clean the keypad and other parts). Although the upper left is not working. If i buy of ebay a new keypad and change do you thing that i will solve my prob? Any more help regarding this topic is appreciated. Thank you.

Dropping some of the later SE's will create this kin of problem. What happens is the connector from the keypad flex to the pcb gets disturbed or becomes disconnected altogether. Take the battery cover and back off, ease the main body, incliding screen and keypad out and reseat the flex connectors for the lcd and keypad.

I tried this but with no luck. It fixed the problem for a couple of days. So this problem is a "known issue" covered by warranty? This is my concern. When there is a problem with a mobile phone the technicians insisting that there is water damage, no matter what the issue is.