Thread: blank screen on xps one

blank screen on xps one

I am currently using XPS which is running on windows vista operating system. So when I have restarted the computer last night it powers up and then it goes to the black screen and at that time both fans running at high. And I have noticed that it powered up and goes to black screen through together fans running on high. The power glow is on stable blue and the monitor light is on. That is it. And then it will not boot up or take any other of any commands. So please help me.

Re: blank screen on xps one

You can do one thing if it is under warranty then so you can contact to Dell support. Or I want to ask you that have you ever tried to booting to your vista disk? And are you able to see any of other things before it goes to the blank screen? Are you able to run the diagnostics from the Boot Menu? ? If so, make definite to run the extensive hard drive test.

It is no longer under warranty by a entire 3 months. It does not anything. When I twist it on, it instantly turns the fans on; the compact disk drive creates a number of noises and not anything else. I am not able to obtain it into any diagnostics or boot menu. Thank you for your response. Can you tell me about it more so I can get more idea on this.

I think it is happening because of the video card get fired. This is only the main reason according to me. Would you usually listen to some beeps (POST test) and if yes then are you able to still hear them? If you are able to still hear them that would mean its booting and you just can't see it on the monitor.

Hey really thanks for your reply, but no I am not able to listen anything. It is similar to like it just quit. I went down it off at Best Buy last nighttime and they think it is the motherboard. I am not confident that they did anything other than twist it on and listen to it. Does anybody believe it is value giving Dell $49 to let them speak to me? Thanks again.