Thread: Wave firmware update problem

Wave firmware update problem

Friends, I am using Samsung Wave. I was trying to update to the latest firmware and for that I was using the Kies software. It was progressing normally but suddenly I receive a message that I need more than 23 MB of the system memory and I have to delete some system files. My phone has 2GB microSD card. What may be the problem with this? Please help. I am not able to get any idea behind this.
    Last edited by Chickasaw; 28-09-2010 at 05:29 AM.

Re: Wave firmware update problem

I contacted to a Samsung technician and told him about the issue. He told me that there may be any reason behind this but the most important one is that there is the problem with the system memory allocation. then I took it to a Samsung engineer and he reset the system memory and it let the issue gone. I think you should also meet the some expert and let them solve the issue.

Using Kies is the best way to upgrade the Samsung wave firmware. I was also getting some same error when I was trying to install it. I did ten plus try but it was useless. After that I just removed all the USB connection from it except the wave and tried it once again without any hope and this time to my surprise it upgraded without any issue. You should also try this and I hope this will work in your case also.

Have you tired the solution given before and still getting the problem? I think that you need a flash firmware by using multiloader. You .have to get your phone to download mode and its very easy to do that. For this you have to remove the SIM card and and press Volume down + Lock + Power buttons together and it will get your phone to download mode.

As you told that you are getting an error message that you dont have enough memory in your phone then think that your phone's internal memory is filled up with the data. You should delete the data from phone message. Move all the things to memory card and delete the messages if they are not needed anymore. Restart your mobile and again try to upgrade it and I am sure that it will be solved.

I have seen this problem in many cases and not heard that anyone is able to solve that on their self. The best way to get out of this is to call the customer support and ask them for help. If you are not getting the solution on the phone then you can visit the nearest customer support center and tell them that I was updating the firmware and suddenly there was a power cut in the area and after that I am getting the problem. I am sure that they will solve this.