Thread: Inspiron 1525 Battery Not Charging

Inspiron 1525 Battery Not Charging

I am using Inspiron 1525 from February 2008 and it was working fine till last month without any trouble. But Now I am having one difficulty about its battery. I am not able to charge my laptop battery. I called to Dell and they advised me to change its battery because it is almost 2 years old. I bought one new battery but still I am facing this trouble with new battery. Since my laptop is 2 years old so it’s out of warranty. I searched on Google and found some thread to find the solution, but I got nothing. It looks that it very common problems with Inspiron 1525 and with some other laptops. Can Dell solve this problem? Why they are making so much difficult to solve this problem? It’s sad that I have spent already $130 for new battery after being advised that it will solve my problem. Does anyone have that solution for the problem? I have also updated my BIOS

Re: Inspiron 1525 Battery Not Charging

It’s very normal having battery issue with 2 years old Laptop. But main comes when you say that you have already changed your battery but still having problem. So make some deep sense. I have one advice for you that you should try to change you AC adapter. Maybe it can solve your problem. But if it is also not giving you any help then you should go to replace you main board from where battery gets power to being charged. I hope you will get solution from my advices.

hi friends, believe me that i am also having same issue with 1.5 years old Inspiron 1525 laptop and new baterry did not help me out. i am sure that my AC adapter is working fine because when I connect adopter with my laptop I see AC power used by laptop. So I do not think so that adapter is having problem. Do you believe that Dell will recall all these inspiron 1525 and some other, because this is very common problem? You told me to replace the mainbord then I will think that it will very costly. So it good to buy one new one rather than replacing new mainbord. But I will not go for Dell again because I am using HP laptop from 3 years and I am not having these kind of problem with that.
    Last edited by Ceesar; 28-09-2010 at 01:45 AM.

I am not agreeing with you that HP is more reliable. You may see these kinds of problems in your two years laptop. I have not read anywhere on internet yet that Dell has maximum power failure when they get old. I am using one HP laptop and seeing all these kind of problem. HP has the worst record for power failure or may hardware failure. I am sure the problem is with mainbord…….

I bought two new Inspiron 1525 at similar time in December 2008. I bought two one for me and one for my sister. But we both were having different different Ac adapter. Mine Ac adapter has been stopped working but other one was working fine. So I used my sister adapter to charge my battery to apply the new BIOS updates. After applying BIOS update I reboot it and when I turn on it and checked it was showing “plugged in, not charging”. I was very happy because my adapter starts working. I left it on charging and went out for some work, when I came back I saw that its 100% charged. Now I am not having any charging issues with my laptop.

1. :- I made BIOS upgrade on my machine and now I am facing that problem occasionally. My brother becomes angry when he sees battery is zero because he has to shut down his laptop if he is going out somewhere. Other time he use adapter connected to work via AC power. My one friend is using same laptop and we bought them together. I can change my brother’s battery in my friend’s laptop and it will get charge. And if I will connect my AC adapter in that laptop it will not get charge if I put other battery in my brother’s laptop and try to charge it with other charger it will not work. I am not able to understand that what is exactly wrong. Is it motherboard problem? It may be combination problem. I cannot change my motherboard bcz it will be very costly. Plz give some suggestions.

When I was facing this same issue I called to dell and they give me one solution and I am sure it will solve your problem. Shut Down the laptop. And now turn it on and then tap F2 key until you see blue screen. On the left side menu you will see Battery information. When u will clicked that option u will get all info in right side and I found all these information.
    • Battery Status = idol
    • Battery % Charged = 99%
    • AC Adaptor = Unknown Device Installed
    I gave him all these details and he told me that he will post me one new AC adapter, and its solved my issue.