Thread: How to install Kodak DVC325 webcam on my windows XP Pro?

How to install Kodak DVC325 webcam on my windows XP Pro?

I have a DELL computer with Windows XP pro as my operating system. Tried to install my digital internet camera “Kodak DVC325” with my PC, which is very difficult to install. I heard that Kodak does not support with the hardware. The problem is the camera does not detected by the XP plug and play system and when tried to install the driver installation stopped. Is there anyone who can help me regarding this problem? My system specification is AMD Athlon X2 5600 with 2GB RAM and Asrock Alive NF6G-GLAN processor.

Re: How to install Kodak DVC325 webcam on my windows XP Pro?

I had a similar issue with my ‘Canon’ digital internet camera, but now it is working fine. I fix this issue by reinstall the driver and software of the camera and would suggest you to reinstall your Canon digital camera driver. Try this, it will really works. Before that uninstall the driver and software which are related with your digital camera.

There is a solution to fix your problem. Go through the steps which is mentioned bellow:
    1.Unplug your camera USB port.
    2.Download the installation package, which comes in a zip file, contains the driver. (Which is easier for you while installing the driver).
    3.Unzip the contents of the file and run the install process.
    4.Execute from Start menu, then Run and type "devmgmt.msc".
    5.Locate Kodak DVC325 on the Device Management panel.
    6.Locate "dvc325.inf" file and when windows logo appears in a warning message click to “Continue”.
    7.Wait for the completion of the installation.

Try this it will surely make your camera Kodak DVC325 working with Windows XP pro.

I have a similar problem with my digital camera, runs on windows XP service pack 3. I download the driver from Kodak site and reinstall it, before that I remove all the information of the old camera driver from my computer. The problem is the driver does not shows in the device manager list, but appears in add and remove hardware in the ‘control panel’. Whenever I used to plug the camera into my machine, the USB icon detects an “unknown device”, the same is appears in the “Device manager”. I cannot update the update it. Any solution on this?

Dear SaleemJI,according to your post, when you see the software is installed into the system and appears in Add and Remove list, plug in your camera. Whatever the message flash. Choose the manual install option, (remember that don’t click on “Install new hardware automatically”). Then select “Have Disk” option and locate the folder where the camera’s driver installed file(.inf). Then click on Next for further process. Choose the installed driver(ignore all the messages during installation). Lastly click on Finish.