Thread: LG enV Touch (VX-11000) Water Indicator

LG enV Touch (VX-11000) Water Indicator

I am using the LG enV Touch (VX-11000) and yesterday it went to gutter and i guess my phone has some water inside it. Water indicator is pink and i have seen some X's on an indicator. Is there anybody who can tell what does it means and what if there are X's with the white indicator? I have recently bought this phone so i am having much idea about this indicator?

Re: LG enV Touch (VX-11000) Water Indicator

When you bought this phone then you must have got the manual with it. As your phone have got wet then LG wont be considering the warranty of your phone in order to repair it in case there are any problem with it. I suggest you to go through the manual to check about this function. There would be proper guide about indication by which you can check that your phone have absorbed any water or not.

I have gone through this stage when my phone got wet in rain. Actually the water indicator is initially white when it is not wet. As soon as your phone gets wet, In fact when that white sticker comes in contact with the water then it gets pink which means that your phone have got some water in it. You said that the water indicator of your phone have got pink so you must be knowing that what has happened to your phone now.

I have seen that there is a white sticker on the backside of my phone on which there are some Pink X's. Now i want to know that when it comes in contact with the water then whole sticker becomes pink or just those X's gets pinked because i have a doubt that sticker was like this only from the start itself. Still i am not so sure about it.

Best way to get to know that your phone have got wet from inside is to take your phone to the LG customer care. Give them your phone to check that is it have gone wet or not. If yes then you may ask them that is there any kind of damage in your phone or not and etc etc. But before that please check that your phone is working properly or not. If yes then i suggest you to keep your opened (All the panels) for some time and it would be better if you use air blower to dry the internals of your phone. so that LG guy wont be able to find any water drops inside your phone if you are LUCKY!

Instead of showing your phone to the LG customer care so that they can come to knmow that whether your phone have got water or not, I suggest you to show your phone to any ordinary mobile shop as they must be having exact idea about this water damage indicator. I am not telling you to repair your phone from them but at least you can check out your phone from them.