Thread: Cell Phone buttons do not work

Cell Phone buttons do not work

I do not know what has happened to the mobile phone of mine. No the problem is not with the phone but with the buttons on it. The buttons on my cell phone are not working at all. It happened in the morning and I do not know the exact reason behind this. At night I just played the game on it and it was running well on it. However I can turn it off and on my wish. I would like to know if there is any way by which I can fix it myself. Any suggestion from your desk.

Re: Cell Phone buttons do not work

I would suggest you to get a technician who can help you to get out of this problem. You are not in a position to diagnose the problem until and unless you are an expert in this thing. Also you have not mentioned which phone you are using so that we can have a deeper look into it. You have just mentioned that the buttons are not working. We all here can help you only if you can give the clear description of the phone.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Before going to the technician I would suggest you a simple diagnosis that does not at require any expertise. Just remove the front cover of the mobile phone and then the keypad itself. After you are done with this just take a cloth and clean it. Please ensure that the cloth is a cleaned one. It often happens that cleaning sometimes fix this minor problems. See if this works and if it does not then there is no other options other then visiting the technician.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I am thinking in the other way. I guess that your mobile phone is blocked and because of which it is giving you this trouble. I think that you will have to see for the security code, it might would have locked accidentally by you. If the security code does not move in your favor then you can try figuring out or in my opinion you should go to the mobile repair shop and they will move according to what is needed to be done in the proper manner.

I am having Samsung flip phone. I am also facing the similar situation with my mobile phone. The first time when I encountered this problem was when I ran with it in a bag which was filled with chilled water bottles. I do not know the exact reason behind this but I have found that the battery compartment of the cell phone was wet. Now the mobile phone is permanently set to vibrate mode. I have yet not found a way to get out of it. Suggest.

You need to take good care of the mobile phone if you want it to last for more years. I would first ask you to first switch off your cell phone and then leave it so that it can dry. If you are finding the drying process slow then you can disassemble the piece and use the dryer to boost up the drying process. After you are done with all this just leave it alone for two to three days and after the third day switch it ON. See if this helps.

You are facing this problem because of the water touching and the humidity. You mentioned that the battery compartment was found wet. I think what Simond suggested is absolutely right. Not for three to four days but you will have to keep it for drying at least for 24hours. This should absolutely work for you. I am not sure about the keypad; I think the vibration mode problem should really get rectified. For the keypad I think you need to visit the technician.