Thread: Blu-ray player vs upscaled dvd player

Blu-ray player vs upscaled dvd player

Hello,
    Recently i have purchased a Toshiba Full hd 1080p TV. For watching the DVD i use a pioneer surround sound system. I am now thinking for getting a blu-ray player; this is because the DVD player allows 1080p up-scaling. I want to know whether i should purchase a blu-ray player or not and will it make any difference in the performance. Please provide me your help.

Re: Blu-ray player vs upscaled dvd player

What i feel is that your TV needs a Blu-Ray player, because it gives a better picture. The larger the high definition TV the move of a difference it will make in picture quality. On a 32" HDTV it would not be worth the extra cost, but a 37" is the minimum size to where a Blu-Ray will be worth the investment. This is what i feel about the Blu-ray player and upscale dvd player.

According to me you should buy a blu-ray dvd player. I am providing you some instructions you try this out- Need to tune your TV to a standard definition channel. The TV is up-scaling the video for you. Now switch to the HD version of the channel. This is what real HD looks like. You will be able to see the difference that HD is superior to up-scaled.

I have the same question. I currently have a DVD player which can upscale my existing DVD picture to 1080i/p via its HDMI connection. I am having several question to ask -if i buy a Blu Ray player will it give me better a picture quality on my existing DVD's or will it be the same quality via my DVD player up-scaling facility .Please help me out.

This is what i know about the blu-ray.
    1-Blu-ray hardware is expensive.
    2-It is good for the gamers, because it is having play station 3 supports.
    The Blu Rays will up convert your DVD to 1080i using a High-Definition Multimedia Interface cable, and you really won't see the difference between that and unscaled 1080p.