Thread: Unable to configure mail account on iphone 4

Unable to configure mail account on iphone 4

I lose patience, everything that I try to set my iphone 4 received a few days ago is galley. I did a search on this forum but not found . Can you give me a tutorial and recent updates ( not the one from Apple) to perform a basic operation which is to configure my mail account on the iphone. Please help me as soon as possible will appreciate your help.

Re: Unable to configure mail account on iphone 4

E-mail is easy to set up e-mail account. IPhone or iPod touch is the first time you install an e-mail account, simply touch the screen icon in the internal mail. With software version 2.0 or later to add other accounts, the main screen, select the e-mail, contacts, calendar settings icon, then select Add account contacts.

If you set up for Microsoft Exchange, [MobileMe] time, Gmail, Yahoo or America Online account, and the touch screen to create an account, enter the code and your account information services. If you are another of the e-mail account, select Other. In software version 2.0 or later, the message can not be automatically installed from persistent organic pollutants and many popular IMAP account e-mail using just your e-mail address and password.

Thank you, I looked ... But it is precisely the screen 2, which never happens ... I'm online with Apple and they can not help me either. I go to Settings == > Mail , Contacts , Calendar == > " Add Account "under" Auditors "== > I offer Gmail , AOL etc. I click on " Other "as described in the tutorial == > Hence it I propose to return Name , Email Address , Password and Description. I do all that and of course the error message. I do not understand why I am not accessing an application type pop account info , etc. , as when you configure an email account on a mac

As far as i know to match your e-mail account, you may see any restraints arising in a note, the description you may encounter using your email account. If the message can not find the need to set your e-mail account settings, please refer to the files from your e-mail provider how to manually set up an email account.

if you configure an email address on your iphone , you must leave the Mail application on the Mac during this first operation . And contrary to what is written on the tutorials , do not enter the smtp information at a time , but leave it to the service provider. Interference between two (mail on mac mail on iphone ) to make , I just have to have one on the mac, but when she left the mail and putting it in road recovered.

But what about allowing your iphone plugged into the mac. The simplest would be to configure your new package directly from Mail (the application on the mac ). SMTP for it a thousand times we talk about MB ' click ' = >for example sfr, it must always be that of the operator on the iphone, and the ISP into the mac.