Thread: Modify file or folder creation date

smile Modify file or folder creation date

I have a L.G laptop. I have created so many folders and files. The creation date of my files and folders are old. The modification date also old. Now I want a new date of creation and modification date. I have not any idea about it. I does not know that how the creation and modification date can be changed. If you have any solution for this problem please help me.

Re: Modify file or folder creation date

The best solution of this problem is manually change the Laptop date and then copy the files. Now you open the files or folders. Save the files and folders with different names. Now closed the files and folders. Now restore the date. After this process whenever you open the file and folder you will find out the new date of creation of files and folders. The modification date will also be changed.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

There are so many softwares which is helpful for you. They are able to change the creation and modification date of files and folders. If you want to modify last modified date or alter date for given files , you can do this easily. There is a software already called "NewFileTime". This is free software. So please download this software and enjoy . I think this is the best solution.

There is a software called "DirDate" which is useful for this job. It is a command line tool. By using this you can change folder and file last creation date ,modification date or last access dates. It can use a reference file. It can change dates by using reference file. It also handle read-only files. So download this software and change your files and folders date. This is a suitable idea for you.

This is very easy to change the date of files and folders. For this do the following things.
    • Go to Control Panel
    • Go to Regional and Language Options .
    • Go to Customize
    • Go to Date.
    • At the bottom there will be date seperator shown as "/". So Just change this to "-" . Now your date has changed.