Thread: Jailbreakme.com on itouch 3.1.2 will crash?

Jailbreakme.com on itouch 3.1.2 will crash?

Having iPod touch 3.1.2, happy with its performance and the services it gives. Now I want to jailbreak it. The problem is that I do not have much clear idea regarding this. I have heard that in order to get my desire fulfilled I will have to use jailbreakme. I have however not tried it, since when I go to jailbrakme.com to download it, it says that: This version that you are looking at is known to crash. However you can try your luck in this case if you can upgrade to 4.0. What should I do?

Re: Jailbreakme.com on itouch 3.1.2 will crash?

When it asked you to go for the upgrade to 4.0, did you go for it? You said that you want to go for jailbreaking the iPod touch 3.1.2, and you also wished to do it with the jailbreakme. I would suggest you to go with the same. If it is asking you to go for the upgrade do it. See for yourself and if problem arises then you can post the problem here. JailbreakMe works on the device itself. We will try to rectify the problems here itself.

The problem with the upgrade is that, I have heard that after the upgrades the iPod not function well as it use to do. I do not want to lose all the good features of the mobile. Is there no other way round this? OK, tell me, whether JailbreakMe is reversible? I really do not want to risk the functionalities. Also can I get some view on this Jailbreak here? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Jailbreak is nothing but the ability to make run the applications and use the themes that are not at all permitted by Apple. Also it does not make the device work slow. Regarding the reversible thing of the JailbreakMe, so, yes it is reversible. If you ever desire to remove your jailbreak, then you just need to connect your device to your computer and then press Restore. This will restore your iPod to the previous state.

If you at all go for the upgrades I think you will need to have a look here. You have asked for some light on this topic so I would suggest you to search regarding this on our forum. The topics related to Jailbreak are already discussed here, and I think that these all will really do the business for you. If at all you cannot find it the here is the direct link for that 1.What is Jailbreak? and I think that you will also need 2.Jailbreak for iPhone 4. Hope that you find this helpful.

Jailbreak me will jailbreak your iPod 3.2.1 or lower in much more less time. It can be done straightly from your iPad and it does not require a restore or anything like that. Just follow these simple steps below and tell me if it succeeded:
    • First of all do make sure that you have made a back-up copy. So, that if something goes terrible there is a restore option available.
    • Then go to www.JailbreakMe.com.
    • Slide the “Slide to jailbreak” and let jailbreakMe do its work.
    • After this you will receive a pop-up saying that Cydia was installed properly.
    • At last all you need is Reboot and see it working.

Thank a lot for the two threads that you gave were really wonderful and really informative. I was happy to increase the knowledge regarding the Jailbreak. I went through the threads and happy with the tips and information given there. I will also try the steps that Ceesar gave above. Also I am happy that JailbreakMe is reversible. Now I will try this all and let you know what happened soon tomorrow. Thanks.

I read this thread and I found that you were unhappy with the upgrade. Before trying anything weird you can go for the discussions that have been made here on this forum regarding the upgrade of iTouch. Please upgrade the iTouch properly or else this may also cause some difficulties in the future. You can visit the link by clicking here: How to upgrade iTouch 3? I think that this thread will really help you a lot.

Thanks for all the guides and reviews and the suggestions that you all have given here. I am really happy with all this threads of this forum. I followed each and every advice and I finally came up with flying colors. The thing really worked for me. The steps given by Ceesar specially worked in my case. Thanks a lot again.