Thread: Can't enable mass storage mode on the 8100

Can't enable mass storage mode on the 8100

I have just brought new cell phone for myself Blackberry pearl 8100. It has external memory of 2 GB i want to use it was mass storage but i am not able to do that because when i connect it to the computer then media manager on computer comes up with message as "Enable it as mass storage". I am not able to understand this error anyone can fix this problem. what can be the procedure to make it as mass storage.

Re: Can't enable mass storage mode on the 8100

To enable your blackberry phone to connect with computer as a mass storage device then you need to have some setting on your phone which will make computer to search your memory card from the phone. To do so just search and select the Media Card option and select the Auto Enable Mass Storage from advance setting which will ensure you to connect you will computer and access data.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Go for the setting on your blackberry phone as : Goto options select media card where set media card support as "ON" and also "ON" the mass storage mode support. Set auto enable mass storage as prompt or yes when it is connected to computer in this way you can set the phone memory card as mass storage. will will ensure you to work well with computer.

I was having the same problem but it is some how resolved but i am getting new problem is that when i am trying to play the files on the blackberry while the blackberry is connected as mass storage then i am not able not access the card. what can be the problem related to and how can i resolve this ? just suggest the best solution to apply.

This problem is with blackberry which is not able to access the card at same time when the blackberry is connected in mass storage mode. so first disconnect the phone from the mass storage and then access the file. You can solve the problem by use of phone as a drive and not as mass storage then access the file you want to while phone is connected to computer.
    Last edited by Simond; 20-09-2010 at 11:04 AM.

If you want to use micro sd card of your blackberry 8100 phone as a portable device you have to connect it to your computer this will open in one of the drive in the computer. select it and you will able to use it as mass storage mode.

It may be because the driver on your computer is not supporting your blackberry 8100 phone which is why you are not able to connect that so you can go to the manufacturer which will provide you the driver CD to open the phone in the computer.

Media manager pop message to enable 8100 as the mass storage but after doing so it does not enables.One of the solution for that can be just Go to the Menu and from options you have to enter in to an advance options. There you have to change the value for the Auto Enable Mass Storage as YES which is a Prompt by default because of which it ask for enabling repeatedly. Once you have done that it will not ask for it and it will automatically enable after you connect it to computer.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 23-09-2010 at 08:30 AM.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"