Thread: Airtel India BlackBerry GPRS modem settings for use on a laptop

Airtel India BlackBerry GPRS modem settings for use on a laptop

I have been activated Rs. 8xx for 30 days limitless plan from Airtel to utilize. Through this plan u can access limitless internet with limitless downloading through my blackberry and also on computer. Though BlackBerry data transfer and Internet Data transfer has to be set independently. What the brainless people at Technical Support Will explain you is that the BlackBerry in not supportable with a laptop! So what you have to do is to make call to Airtel Customer Care at 121 and inform them to allow GPRS on your sim card. I assume all BlackBerry services will have previously been enabled. Once that is done pursue the orders at -----l . The cord for utilize with Airtel India is dcont=1,"IP","airtelgprs.com",0,0 .later than this just dial and like the network On your computer. Speeds are decent in the range of 60-100 kilobits per second wherever EDGE is available. It’s obtainable in most of the metros. Take one thing that BlackBerry Pearl has an inherent modem. Not definite about other BlackBerrys. Please confirm your version. And don’t judge Technical Support when they say Internet on the computer is not potential through the BlackBerry.

Re: Airtel India BlackBerry GPRS modem settings for use on a laptop

Somebody told me that you can get 900kb speed if you change your settings in ur modem page connection speed to 921600 bps. I made all these things but it did not help me out. Changing the speed settings will not change the speed given by the network server. Here you can get speed till 250KBPS. But if you are using a 3G network then u can get more then 250kbps speed. You can try this entire thing on your network and find what happen?

I am using one blackberry mobile pear 8120 and enabled the GPRS Airtel sim on it. I can use the internet on my blackberry but i cannot utilize it on my laptop and its irritate me a lot. All the methods which are make clear in the forum but I am not capable to connect it to my laptop. I got lots of error and problem on my laptop and one of them is error number is 678 and “the remote computer did not respond”. At the same time I can connect to net with other handset.... I have 4 USB ports and 3 types of modems installed on my laptop. And I have also tried changing of them also. So plz suggest me the solution for this.

Lastly I acquire this one working. I get it working without 0,0 and LCP. I used *99# and I left the username and password blank..So for the advantage of others, what was the error I did that I accurate?It was silly mistake I did not follow Emannuel's commands totally. I assumed that since I am on EDGE, GPRS is enabled. But after I called 121 and got GPRS enabled, I got authenticated and make it connected. Though, I got connected at 115.2Kbps and the speed is touchingly slow that I can almost do NO internet browsing. However, this still is helpful in case of emergency. Thanks Emanuel and everyone. The Airtel brainless 7070 public had 1.5yrs back told me that Blackberry cannot be used as a modem in India and I had believed these fool... overall Airtel sucks on customer service... they speak just upset American English and have no clue on technical aspects

I had one call conversation with Airtel customer care’s numbers 7070 and 121 people which kept me switching back and forth. Theyall explained me to begin a conference call and no one of them had the skill to call each other. After like a total day of calls they in fact disable my 7070 and 121 number and I had to call from one more number to get hold of them: D. I am subscribe to blackberry 899 unlimited plan which I use for my Nokia E90. I was able to browse the website but could not utilize the internet. Finally the 121 guys activate my GPRS and counsel me to connect to "Mobile Office". Is anybody verify if they will in fact charge me for this despite having the unlimited plan ( although the 7070 guys say they will not )