Thread: iMac G5 iSight Display problem

iMac G5 iSight Display problem

Like many owners of iMac G5 iSight ( model 17 " 1.9 Ghz G5 Proc ), I have display problems that result in permanent vertical lines and annoying . The problem is recurrent, is a vice hidden yet recognized by Apple. Being convinced that was it , I have not sought further pending a possible supported by Apple (because it's CG soldered to the motherboard is concerned , it involves changing the CM and therefore a cost as important as the price of an iMac New - Vive scam ) .Please help me as soon as possible.

Re: iMac G5 iSight Display problem

If your problem is the same as mine Is a repair to 850? ( 630 ? ? HT " logic board ", and 80 's hand ? ? implement). I can not enlighten you more unfortunately. By cons I have not tried to use an external monitor so I can not tell you if the symptoms are the same. Also please tell me you have used what cables to connect them. It might be the case too.

My iMac G5 has been a professional screen problem after its warranty (display increasingly blurred , which freezes ). The Apple Hardware Test has detected the problem ( I forget what specifically , the fault ) but the repair has been taken over by Apple for free. This does not apply to all series of fabrications (only those that were endowed with very pretty swollen capacitors , literally, themselves and figuratively

Three short flashes indicate that the screen gets a bad video format or it is set to a resolution not supported . Make sure it is compatible with the computer to which you have connected , and restart it. If the problem persists , reset the PRAM. Turn off your computer . Turn it on and hold down the Command + Option + P + R keys . Keep them pressed until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time .

Try to restart by pressing command + option + P + R keys until you hear two " boing " ( startup sound ) and release the keys to see if the PRAM reset but does something. My flat screen was also not working properly and the power indicator was even flashing When some monitors do not function well , their power indicator flashes to alert you of an error. try calling the apple support and the problem will be fixed.

If the flashing is type short-long -short , check that you have connected the screen using the right adapter. A flash - type short- short-long indicates that the screen has detected an error backlight . Check the electrical connection to your desktop and restart your computer. If the problem persists , contact Apple or an Apple authorized service provider .