Thread: M700 average battery life?

M700 average battery life?

I do not know why is Toshiba M700 not able to keep its worth when it says that the battery life is about 3-4 hours. My laptop does not give a battery backup that I expect it to give. It is even not giving me about 1.5 hours backup. I will be contempt if I will get about 1.5 hours of backup. I do not have the warranty left on my battery, so I am planning to go for the new one. Before doing this I just want to do some experiments with the old one and see, if someone can help me improve the life of the battery. Suggest.

Re: M700 average battery life?

Before suggesting anything I would like to ask you, if you can fully charge the battery of the laptop to 100 percent? Are you sure about this? Sometimes it happens that the indicator on the laptop says that the battery has charged to 100%, but the truth is something else. Also, are you using the original charger, for the laptop. Please, make sure that the battery is charged with the original charger, otherwise it will cause you more problem.

However I can suggest you some settings by using which you will be able to get 2-3 hours of battery backup on your laptop. On my M700, I get about 3 hours of battery backup. While I am using Firefox during the browsing, and keeping the Wi-Fi turned off for the rest of time. Also for better backup I use a custom power plan. In this mode if the Wi-Fi is on I get about 3 hours and when I turn the Wi-Fi off, then I can receive about 4 hours of backup. Also try keeping the full brightness off on the screen.

Thanks for the responses, let me tell you all here that the charger that I am using for the laptop is the one that I got when I purchased the lappy. So, I think that this is going to be original one, and regarding that I have no doubt in the mind. In advance the battery of the laptop is also original and it is PA3191U-5BRS (4700 mAh). Can you tell me something that will let me know how can I come to know if the laptop has charged to 100%, as you have mentioned that the indicator on the laptop sometimes gives false impressions.

The life of the battery depends on the application that you will be using on the laptop. If you are playing games on the laptop it is for sure that the battery is going to suffer. It will also suffer if the game that you will be playing is heavier. The fans run more faster to get the system rid of the overheating problem. For more battery life, turn down the brightness of the screen, also disable the bluetooth and the Wi-Fi. This all thing are really going to enhance the life of the battery.

Thanks for the advice. Well I am not using the laptop for gaming purpose, so now can any one tell me the treason for the drainage of the battery. Can anyone give me a guide or some simple steps that after following will help me improve the life of my battery. Before moving to the new battery I want to save couple of bucks so please help me saving that guys, although the last option is the new battery but if I however can get narrowly away from it, will be a better option.

Software options to improve battery life:
    • First Open the task manager and see for the CPU load and the process list.When PC is idle the CPU load should be around 0%-2%. If it is higher something is wrong.
    • After this Run the in Win7 integrated power tool. Windows 7 has a new feature which automatically dims the screen after a specified time.
    • Now Run RMClock, and see the power consumption.
    • After this Run ProcessExplorer.
    • Another great trick to reduce power consumption and heat output is to reduce the CPU voltage.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's