Thread: M750 and Windows 7 - A few problems

M750 and Windows 7 - A few problems

The tablet that I am using right now is Toshiba Portege M750. Originally I was having Windows Vista on it, now I have installed Windows 7 on it, on the dual boot basis. It is very much lighter then Vista when compared. It has however put a terrific impression on me, and I was happy having this. There are however some issues that I am facing with Windows 7, on this tablet. Some of the features that it use to provide in the Vista mode can not be found in the Windows 7 mode. To name some, Toshiba HDD protection can not be recognized here. Also having trouble with the "Rotation of the Screen". Even I can not use the Bluetooth. Please help.

Re: M750 and Windows 7 - A few problems

Well facing the same problem. I am here specially regarding the Bluetooth. Actually on the Toshiba Portege M750, I do not have an integrated bluetooth. Instead of it I had a USB microadapter to fulfill my work. I have not dual booted the system as Filomena indicated as I am not that sure about it. In the Vista mode it use to work without causing any problem, but now in the Windows 7 it is facing the problem. In Vista mode I could turn it off, but here in Windows 7, it is not possible. Is there any solution, regarding this, will I have to go for Vista again? I really love Windows 7 though. Please suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by rOSAMOND View Post
    Well facing the same problem. I am here specially regarding the Bluetooth. Actually on the Toshiba Portege M750, I do not have an integrated bluetooth. Instead of it I had a USB microadapter to fulfill my work. I have not dual booted the system as Filomena indicated as I am not that sure about it. In the Vista mode it use to work without causing any problem, but now in the Windows 7 it is facing the problem. In Vista mode I could turn it off, but here in Windows 7, it is not possible. Is there any solution, regarding this, will I have to go for Vista again? I really love Windows 7 though. Please suggest.
    I think you need to install the drivers again. Please install the bluetooth adapter's Vista drivers, it would be better if it is from a better website, while installing use their included tool as well. Windows 7 though has many, drivers and almost for everything, but, to be very frank they are actually very basic. They can only provide very basic functionality. See if this works. Also thanks for appreciating the new Operating System - Windows 7.

Filomena, in your post you mentioned that Toshiba HDD protection is not recognised. I have never heard this but I think that when it was running well on Vista it can run on Windows 7 as well. I have heard many cases where sometimes the drivers for the Vista or Windows XP work for Windows 7. I would suggest you to try the drivers of XP or Vista in the Windows 7 mode. Do tell me if that worked for you. It is just a wild guess from my side for you.

Well there are some compatibility issues, that have risen between Windows Vista and Windows 7, or Windows 7 and the devices that were using the previous versions of the Windows here say Vista/XP, etc. The reason is that Windows 7 possess the drivers for the devices but they can give only the basic functionalities. So if you want to use the device to the full-fledged capacity you will need an extension package for the same. You can get the package from the official website of Windows or the laptop that you are using right now. Just give a try to the extension packages and see what they do.

Well in my laptop I have installed Windows 7 64-bit. I have also taken care to install the latest drivers for the laptop from the official website of TOSHIBA. I have found no problem in the device manager. It simply says that there is no need of the drivers anymore. Yet I am having problem with it. The fingerprint utility allows me to screen my fingerprint, but at the time of saving it, it simply reports that it cannot. Also after the fresh install some applications are not available at all.

As it was said before I think that you also need to install the extension package, that was discussed above. Well, if you do not get the extension package for Windows 7 then you can try for the extension package of the Windows Vista that is available. Mostly all the drivers for Vista work with Windows 7. So I would suggest you to install this package and see if that bring some difference. Regarding the fingerprint, it may be the result of the dual saving of the same fingerprint. Try deleting the previous fingerprint and then try saving a new one.