Thread: New x201t hinge question

New x201t hinge question

My dad bought a new x210 tablet for me. It is working fine. Whenever I put the laptop’s screen to normal position then I find the hinge of the semicircular part of the screen is a little lose. I can also say that screen wobbles from the attachment. When I turn the screen to some angle then It becomes tight and when I again make it straight it become lose again. I cannot take this. Can you tell me that is this normal for all tablets having rotational screen or is it a fault. Also tell me what should I do to fix this?

Re: New x201t hinge question

I don’t think that this is a normal action. It should also be tight when it is in tablet position. You should get it fixed. You must have its warranty card. See to card that if it is under warranty period or not. If it is under warranty then you should not do any experiment with it. It may harm your laptop. Just take it to your dealer from where your dad bought this and ask them for the issue. They will fix this and if they are not able to solve the issue then you can ask them for replacement.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

It’s normal for all the X200T laptop. It is easy to move the screen to horizontal direction but if you want to rotate the screen to right or left direction then you will find it harder to do that. I also have the same X200T laptop and have the same problem as you told. But I don’t think that there is any solution for this problem. Now am used to for this and I don’t feel any problem while using the laptop.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

When you have the adaptable in the tablet pose then you should make use of the push down the protruding lock in the bezel. It will lock the screen from the base. If you do that you will find that it is tight and fit to the base. Again when you want rotate the screen then you have to unlock that and now you will be able to rotate the screen. I hope this will help you.

Hey, I also have a new x201t and having the same problem as mentioned above. My screen wobble towards and away from the keyboard in both laptop position and when flipped 180 degree. When I flick the bezel then LCD screen moves a bit and then stops moving by itself. If I don’t put a force in the screen then it does not move bur if I put a force on it then it moves but that’s very tight.

It is a defect that your screen wobbles from the base. The hinge for rotation is at the joining of the keyboard and LCD is loose and you should change this hinge to fix the issue. You can send it to the manufacturer for replacement. They will change the hinge and will assemble a new hinge. This will make the connection of the screen to the keyboard tight and you will get your laptop back with the issue solved in few days. This will be the best option for you.

Hi everyone, I am also having the same problem. I just bought my new X201t. I found that it is loose from the base. I am sure that the hinges are lose and I should change them if I want to fix the problem. I opened the warranty card and read the conditions carefully. They have specified that hinges are not covered under warranty. This is very disappointing for me. I have to change it from some other place.