Thread: Information about the IPAQ 212

Information about the IPAQ 212

I have recently checked the IPAQ 212 made by HP. I have liked that cellphone and I am thinking to purchase that. But I am not aware about the features and other things. So thought instead of searching on Internet, it would be better to post over here. If anyone over there using this, please provide some information about this cell, so that I can decide to take or not. Any suggestions are mostly welcomed. Since, I have told that I am unaware about this product, also do tell me about its accessories (specially batteries). Hoping some quicker responses from your side.

Re: Information about the IPAQ 212

The battery power source is the HP iPAQ. HP iPAQ comes with a sync cable HP 24-pin connector, which must be used to charge the device. To fully charge a battery for the first time takes about 2-4 hours. Refills later may require more time.
    1. Connect the AC adapter into an electrical outlet.
    2. Connect the 24 pin connector end of the sync cable connector to 24 HP pin docking connector on the HP iPAQ. The cable connector has a single toward
      link. In case of difficulties entering, turn it over.

TIP: You can also charge the battery by connecting the HP iPAQ to a USB port computer using the sync cable with 24 pin connector HP.
    NOTE: When you insert a replacement battery for HP iPAQ hold Power for at least two seconds. If the device does not turn on, connect the AC adapter to carry the power of HP iPAQ.

You can protect your HP iPAQ by setting a password. Every time you turn on your HP iPAQ will be prompted for the password.
    To set a password:
    1. Tap Start> Settings> Lock.
    2. Select the check box Prompt if used to select the period and not using HP iPAQ before being prompted for a password.
    3. Password type list, select the type of password you want to use. Enter password and then confirm it.
    4. Hint tab, enter a phrase to help remember your password. Secure that the suggestion does not allow other people to guess your password. The suggestion is appeared after it was placed five times in an incorrect password.
    5. When prompted, tap OK. When HP iPAQ remains idle for the specified time period, will be prompted for the password.

The Today screen displays the date and time and quickly indicates the status of the remaining capacity of batteries and future appointments. At the top of the Today screen displays the icons of connectivity, the volume indicator and clock. On the Today screen, tap the icon (iPAQ Wireless) to open the iPAQ Wireless. All tab you can enable or disable all wireless connections. To customize the Today screen:
    1. Tap Start> Settings> Today.
    2. On the Appearance tab, select the desired theme for the background on the Today screen.
    3. Items tab, select the items to be displayed on the Today screen.

TIP: To change the display order of the elements, tap Start>Settings> Today. Items tab, tap Move Up or Move Down.

You can adjust the settings of the HP iPAQ to suit your needs and to optimize
    battery life between charges and the next. Here are some tips for
    reduce battery consumption:
    • Sounds: every time the notification is issued for an event, it increases battery consumption. Tap Start> Settings> Personal> Sounds & Notifications to disable any notification unnecessary.
    • Turn off automatic backlighting: tap Start> Settings>System> Backlight. Specify a short waiting period before the backlight is turned off. Battery Power tab, set the Turn off the backlight if the device is not in use for about 10 seconds.
    • Turn off Bluetooth and WLAN should always turn off the Bluetooth and WLAN when not in use. HP also offers several accessories to keep your HP iPAQ charged when not in the office for periods of time, such as the Mini USB sync cable and travel adapter. Use HP original batteries and chargers to recharge your HP iPAQ. To check the battery power, tap Start> Settings> System> Power.

A shortcut menu appears when you tap and hold the stylus on an item. The menu displays the most common commands for the specific element. For example, you can delete an appointment using the commands on the shortcut menu. When you see the shortcut menu, tap the action you want. To close a menu without performing an action, tap anywhere outside the menu.

A hard reset stops all running applications and removes any programs or saved data. To perform a hard reset:
    1. Press 3 application, the application button 2, the voice recording button, and
    2. Reset button at the same time once.
    3. Release the Reset button.
    4. Press and hold the third application, the application button 2 and button entry voice, until you see clean boot (Reset Settings. initials) in the bottom of the screen.

Bluetooth wireless technology enables communication of data at short range and uses diversification of frequency in timeslots, managing voice and data transmissions simultaneously. The Bluetooth signals to avoid interference from other signals by switching to a new frequency after transmitted or received data packet. This technology is so robust, economic and replaces cable connections between devices, ensuring high levels of protection. Use Bluetooth Phone Manager to connect your HP iPAQ to a mobile phone enabled Bluetooth, which lets you use your phone as a modem to surf the Internet or other transfer information. To do this, create a Bluetooth connection between your HP iPAQ and the phone, then send the information to the phone via Bluetooth. The phone relays the information on line phone, then sends back any information required on the HP iPAQ connection.

It is not necessary to exit a program to open another or to save memory: the system manages memory automatically. To open a program, tap Start, then select the desired program list. If the
    desired program is not available, tap Start> Programs. In most cases, selecting ok closes the application, but without interrupting run in memory. However, you can close the application manually.
    1. Tap Start> Settings> System> Memory> Running Programs.
    2. Running Programs list, tap the program you want to quit, and then Stop.