Thread: Toshiba e400 won't turn on

Toshiba e400 won't turn on

I have bought an old Toshiba e400 that I had not utilize for years. I think it to reinstate it and do diverse projectry things with. I purchased a 3rd party battery but even though it was charged up and I evaluate 4.2v from it, the e400 decline to switch on battery power. It will switch on mains power, but react as it has no charge that is shows the reset screen then ask me to standardize the touch screen. Date/time set to default. I have read in one more post that the voltage may be a subject. If this is the real case then I can ask for a replacement/refund. I just expect it is not a motherboard problem as it will be uneconomical to mend.

Re: Toshiba e400 won't turn on

I think so you purchased the old batter for your pocket pc this is the problem. I think so you should stop using this batter bcz it can harm your Pocket pc motherboard by its discharge. You should contact to the customer support center and try to buy a new battery I hope it will solve your problems. You can check it on Toshiba website.

With my e400 I have no problem with battery or voltage yet but I have some other issues related to it. First question is about OS. Is it possible to update the os on PDA? I have not gone for it yet. And other question is about the screen matter. Is there any way in which I can rotate my screen to landscape mode? I bought an IR wireless keyboard but the problem is the port to join keyboard with PDA is on the bottom left. And it is not useful to use without landscape mode screen. So plz help me for all these problem

Yes dear it is possible to update the OS available on your PDA. You have to contact the Toshiba manufacture’s website. Or you can call them and they will give you real idea about the available update for your version. And about the landscape view I do not know anything one this I am sure that you can get over from this solution by reading the manual. In manual it will surely available. If you do not have manual then you have to visit the Toshiba website.

Toshiba e400 presents only the mostly common standard ways of increasing its features and capability. In addition, buying typical components or part that did not create it to the box due to price reasons (such as a USB cradle and case), you can utilize any SD expansion card (like as Bluetooth), not just a memory card, in the SDIO slot. Though, I imagine a memory card will do for most goal users of e400. Everybody needs it.