Thread: OneNote Replacement for Windows Mobile

OneNote Replacement for Windows Mobile

Subsequent to months and months of pining, it's representative OneNote Mobile 2010 (i.e., it does not meet my individual requirements) for the reason that it lacks right of entry to categorical structure from the desktop version or description and would not permit me unified note have right of entry from Windows to Windows mobile. As a consequence, my motivation to purchase the desktop version or description (formerly a foregone conclusion) has the entire but disappeared. I am an avid user of OneNote 2003, and merely held off purchasing 2007 for the reason that I read 2010 would have a real mobile version.

Re: OneNote Replacement for Windows Mobile

The understandable replacement is Evernote additional than I wrote it off months ago for the reason that the official WinMo client is online have right of entry merely. It turns out (as I occurred upon immediately today), on the other hand, there's an API, and one has made an unsanctioned client that does offline to have right of entry for winmo, I determine to almost certainly be exploring to observe if there are several cool unofficial desktop clients as well. I do not care a lot regarding web clipping or pictures (though perhaps after I try it I determine to), I am immediately looking for a good notes platform.

At present the free version or description of Evernote is not a full substitute for me, as I do utilize OneNote for a small number of things I would have a preference not to stow in the cloud. Would similar to encompass SSL on. I would essentially be willing to pay for premium evernote (immediately as I was willing to shell out for OneNote), other than I do not similar to subscriptions in general. I similar to maintain my monthly expenses minimal. Tranquil, the free version covers 90% of my notes.

It is too terrible that Snaptic does not create a winmo client. It is quite superior and extremely elastic. You encompass complete right of entry offline, be able to utilize html, be able to generate tags by putting a "#" symbol in front of several word, mechanically recognizes convinced kinds of objects and you be able to export your notes to SD card as a text file (minus objects, other than helpful nonetheless to encompass a version or description of your notes that is understandable on several computer other than does not exist in the cloud). Oh, and your notes are on an https server.

The humorous thing is, in going from side to side notes apps, it is actually hard to locate the trifecta notes always importunate in the entire 3 places the desktop (laptop), the cloud and the phone. Evernotes has the desktop and cloud. I have determined having a backup and physically updating Outlook is preferable desktop and cloud in view of the fact that I mostly merely (other than not always) utilize notes at the same time as mobile or when they are quicker to look-up by pulling out the phone than stopping what I am doing on the desktop.

The LeaderTask is a type of a project administrator of Outlook-ish UI. Not pricy, has been presented several times at GOTD, and there's a free of charge WM app, not clouded sync although additional than desktop sync. Take a give the impression of being at it. Might suit your requirements, other than it's not quite an EN substitute. No graphics and so on. As for the rest of the substitute, it seems most are proposed for iThings, and a small number of for Android. One left for Palm OS. Ah, and NoteSync has promised a mobile version or description coming soon, not be able to tell the platform although.

Cloud is not a enormous precedence for my notes, and I be able to do without the clipping side of things. I determine to absolutely look into it although it come into view geared additional towards smaller clips of text and it approximately looks similar to the UI for notes as opposed to tasks is buried a diminutive and perhaps even absent in the mobile version or description. It does strike me as a extremely cool task manager although.