Thread: Malware on iPad!

Malware on iPad!

I bought my new ipad. It was working fine for two days. I was just surfing on internet and I clicked a hyperlink which lets me some other page and a lot of viruses flew in the system. My system becomes very slow and one of my friends has suggested me to restore the system and I did the same. I did restore from backup because I don’t want to reinstall all my application. All the apps are greyed out when I synchronies the ipad with Computer. Is it common to get malware in the ipad? Can we remove the malware from ipad by restoring from back up?

Re: Malware on iPad!

You can connect your ipad to the iTune. This is available on internet and you have to download it on your computer and install it. Then connect your ipad to iTune and search for the restore factory setting. It will restore from a recent back up when you pick this option. This will be good option for you and I think this will solve the issue. In future also if you get any issue like this then you can do the same for next time.

As you have told that all the apps grayed out that seems like you have tried jailbraking exercise. You have to restore your ipad to default factory state and for that you have to get the ipad into DFU mode and from there you can restore the settings. If you are using an apple product then I would like to tell you that there is no malware that can affect the apple ipad. For those having Apple ipad, need not to worry about the malware attack.

I must tell you that the operating system for ipad is based on iphones operating system. iphone can get affected easily with malware but your ipad can not be affected very easily as compared to iphone, unless you jailbreak it. But if it is affected anyhow with something then you can use "restore to factory defaults" and it will back up the system and you will find your system running again. I hope this will help you in some way.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

There may be some problem with the quality of your iPad. The best way to get out of this is to call your ipad support. Like you are using Apple iPad then you should contact the Apple Support. You can find their number in the manual which you must have got with the ipad. You have bought it very recently and they are going to quibble to offer you the support. Before doing any type of restore you should contact them and take suggestion from them. No one can give you the best way to solve this other then them.