Thread: Universal BootLoader Tool - Flash any valid rom to any iPAQ

Universal BootLoader Tool - Flash any valid rom to any iPAQ

I am looking for a boot loader capable of offering a multi -boot can run both Linux , Solaris , FreeBSD on iPAQ ( well this one is not c no urgency to immediately ) And well windows 2000 . I already know that grub is good performance but I fear he is struggling with solaris (though I think solaris has a distant relationship with xBSD good but AC has changed a lot so i do not ... know ) and I could not test before the end of the week . Please help.

Re: Universal BootLoader Tool - Flash any valid rom to any iPAQ

A manipulation less stable existed One for the Nexus , which required placing a file in the root of the SD card (well it should have a specific SD .. it works for short) . This new solution is proposed to date, is far less than the previous one and requires one simple application . This new " achievement "as we say in geek parlance , uses exactly the same solution that had recently been found for the Droid X. Obviously , we will not say how . This application is about 650ko , will not break your bootloader , which means that you keep your security software " valid " . It also has the ability to re- lock your phone ( that is to say, withdraw its root privileges) .

The application is about 650ko , will not break your bootloader , which means that you keep your security software " valid " . It also has the ability to re- lock your phone. The application is therefore a root " total " , which then allows to apply custom ROMs (For more information on this subject , it will go to the Android in the appropriate section in your androphone ). For you get ( or official blog) , you must be a member of XDA Developers.

They may have to be run directly in ROM ( EEPROM or FLASH ) without copying into RAM prior to optimize the use of RAM . They say they support the XIP ( eXecute in Place). They must provide the same functionality as their counterparts for Linux " classic ". They must be optimized execution time . These tools can be classified according to the different stages of design and operation of the embedded system . We will consider the software side and not hardware, such free tools for designing the hardware ( PCB design , digital design ...).

Any attempt to flash ( especially to change the language ) is presented without warranty . I know absolutely in no way be liable for any damage you inflict on your E800 when this operation ! Second warning, you lose all your data . Especially not to try to restore a backup in WM2003 SE ! It will then check-in " by hand " , and resynchronize the contacts, RV. Third and last warning , this tutorial is for those who want to pass under WM2003SE U.S. , this example for reasons of language compatibility . To go under SE FR , simply follow the instructions provided with ( RTFM) .

Try turning off ActiveSync : ActiveSync open , go to File / Connection Settings, then uncheck all the boxes " Allow ... " (There are 3 ) . The connection should then be listed as Off. Once this is done , open an MS-DOS window (Start , Run , type " cmd " ). Move then to the directory where you unzipped the update of the WM2003. Type the following command (without quotes ) : " flash - xlng " then Enter. This launches the tool 's flash PDA . Click on Browse, then go to the directory where you unzipped the old version (no directory for SE !) . Then select the file " boot - e800 - 1.01.0000 - PPC2003.bin. Do not Start.