Thread: MP3 Player with 30-Second Jumps

MP3 Player with 30-Second Jumps

Friends I have just bought Motorola Droid for me. I installed a new player and it has feature of forward and rewind of 30 second. During my commute in the car I listen to Podcasts and eBooks. But its forward and rewind feature does not working fine for me. Whenever press the tab for rewind or forward it cuts some part of it and starts by missing those parts. The default MP3 player for android 2.0 has only slider for rewind/forward and I can’t rewind for 30 second using that slider. Does anyone has similar problem? Please suggest me some solution for that.
    Last edited by Atakapa; 14-09-2010 at 11:40 PM.

Re: MP3 Player with 30-Second Jumps

There may be problem with your MP3 player. It may be corrupted or not installed properly. There is also possibility that the application you have installed is not supporting your Android. My suggestion to you is to remove that application from the device and install a fresh copy of it again. You can also see the settings for that application. There may be some options to set the duration of forward/backward.

Hey I don't know any application that has review button and yu have described that you are using that application. I also want such app. please tell me where can I find such player. I want to play all my spoken recordings but I am getting any such music player. My normal music application can not play those recordings. Any help will be appreciative.

I think this problem is because of default in streaming reception. Android wants to shoot on each Wi-Fi network it finds and that is the big problem with streaming. For the preferred Wi-Fi connection your phone will try to discard your 3G link. Actually You will never connect to the Wi-Fi network and will get the lost connection message. I think this will give you some idea behind loosing connection.

There is also another way to think for this. It is not seamless to switch from 3G to Wi-Fi or vise-versa. When you are connected to your home network then try streaming. Not take a quick walk for about a block and I am sure that after one or two minutes your phone will trade playing and will show the error message saying “lost connection”. You can try it and I am sure that you will get it. You can try the following:

Settings>>Wireless & networks>>Wi-Fi>>turn off Wi-Fi.

Does your Android takes more time to buffer for the first track from playlist and it plays fine for the entire next track? The reason behind asking this is that if your currently playing track is not playing properly then your next tract will not have the proper time to buffer. There are few more phones available in the market which have buffering problem for the next tract. So finally I think that your phone has problem in buffering.

When we forward or rewind any track then that means we are forcing the buffer speed to increase till that time. If there is any delay in buffering due to ant reason then you will miss the part of the video or song currently playing. You can use Meridian music player and it will the best alternative to your default Music or audio player. It has some features which are very useful like shortcuts, video subtitles, search for lyrics, tag editing, and more.