Thread: How to enable Intel VT on a Samsung P50-Pro "Torrin"

How to enable Intel VT on a Samsung P50-Pro "Torrin"

Last year I purchased a Samsung P50-Pro "Torrin" laptop. This laptop has an Intel Core 2 T7200 processor, which support with Intel Virtualization Technology (VT).unluckily, Samsung stop VT through BIOS startup and it cannot be re-enabled by the operating system. For that reason, kvm and other hypervisors will not run at all or will not run with most performance. For eg:, kvm provide the error memo: "KVM: disabled by BIOS".
    In fact, the laptop BIOS is ready for Intel VT - you just cannot allow this characteristic in BIOS setup. But Intel VT can be enabling byplacing one bit in the non-volatile RAM (NVRAM).
    MY Samsung P50 Pro laptop with BIOS ver 20XE the follow line needed to be changed: (025b) [0000] ---> (025b) [0001]
    The laptop should be switched off and back on after amending the NVRAM - or else Intel VT will not be enable.

Re: How to enable Intel VT on a Samsung P50-Pro "Torrin"

Hi frnds! Nowadays Microsoft windos 7 XP modes also need Intel VT. So went on the internet searching and gave it lot os tile to know how to activate this in BIOSfor a smasung p200 pro T8100 with firmware 04SO. (069c) [0000] ---> (069c) [0001]. Its looks very easy if somebody told that WPH has been decompressed. Intel VT need a computer with a processor, chipset, BIOS, allow software and/or operating system, device drivers, and applications intended to seize benefit of VT features. Because of this, the performance of the VT skin will differ depending on the computer configuration.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Virtualization technologies, like hardware-assisted Intel Virtualization Technology (Intel VT), joint with the suitable virtualization software which will permit greatest system supply use by merging multiple environments into an only server or computer. The Intel VT attain this by eradicating any software addiction from the underlying hardware, which in order helps to decrease costs, raise management efficiency, strengthen security, and make the computing communications more resilient in the event of a tragedy.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I use Viao Z laptop and I made some setting with this laptop and I hope it will help you for your setting: this procedure is very simple and will not give u any trouble. Format your USB flash drive with FAT32 and make folder EFI and subdirectory BOOT and the download folder EFI and subfolder BOOT. Now download file BOOTTX64. EFI and save it to the BOOT directory. Restart your laptop and you might have to allow by enabling outer boot device.one command page will appear and enter there setup_var 0x1af 0x1, setup_vat 0x25a 0x1 now reboot again. Now you will be able to use some extra feature.

What kind of setting you have given above? All these are wrong for some other operating system. Because when I tried to make these changes on my PC it did not worked. All these setting wil not have any effect, except that adding security risk. The UEFI run of the magic name recovery PE executable work before the bios emulation and settings are loaded, exactly to let unbricking. So "BIOS" settings will have no effect on it.

I expect someone can inform me how to relapse back to the original plant BIOS menu option if I required to after enabling the extra BIOS menu options. (Touch wood but) this is for any future require to reset the BIOS menu back to original plant state if it is ever wanted to be sent to Sony for service/repair.

i use sony viao laptop Sony made confirm that they will continue stops Hardware Virtualization (also known as VT) in the BIOS of all their available Vaio computers even after the free of Windows 7 creation the new Windows XP Mode unavailable to all Vaio proprietors. A pair of months ago I discovered that in spite of the hardware of my Sony Vaio laptop completely supporting Hardware Virtualization, Sony has determined to disable this feature in the BIOS making it unavailable. There has been much chatter and theorizing about this on the net but no clear conclusions, statements or solutions have been provided. So today I contacted Sony directly to find out precisely what was going on. What I found was both surprising and infuriating.
    Last edited by Chakradev; 16-09-2010 at 11:40 PM.