Thread: Canon T2i(550D) or Nikon D5000?

Canon T2i(550D) or Nikon D5000?

Planning to buy a new camera. In order to ask I thought that it would better idea to have a discussion on the camera before buying one. So, came here for the discussion. Can you all here do me a favor? Please post me the comparison if possible, between Canon T2i and Nikon D5000. Please only between these two camera's only. I just want to know which one would you prefer and why? Do post soon....

Re: Canon T2i(550D) or Nikon D5000?

Happy that the comparison between this two cameras has come up here. I was also trying to try my hands in the photography. I do not know much about photography and the cameras, but one of my colleague suggested me to go for the Cannon T2i. He told me that, if there is no issue of the price then Cannon T2i would be better one to opt for. He told me that it has more megapixel, better LCD screens and good movie mode. However, after doing some research I have found that T2i though expensive then D5000 is not worth of that extra Rupees. I will be keeping my eyes on this discussion to see if I am right. Thanks.

You have asked for the comparison between the two cameras, so here it is, hope that this will really help you with what you need. First of all I would love to list some of the features of Canon T2i(550D) Digital camera.
    • Superb Imaging Performance with 18 Megapixel lens
    • Quick response for stress-free shooting
    • EOS Integrated Cleaning System
    • Ease of operability using 3.0" scareen
    • Full HD 1080p
    • HDMI support
    • Fast and Sharp Focus
    • Multiple Shooting Modes
    • Many Picture Style

Now to list some of the features of Nikon D5000:
    • Sensor: 12.3 Mpixels CMOS APS-C with 4288 x 2848
    • Max wide-angle: 3.50
    • Optical Zoom: 3 x
    • Screen : 6.90 cm with 230000 pixel
    • Memory card: SD / MMC
    • Video mode: 1280 x 720 pixels
    • Number of images per second: 24
    • Dimensions (mm): 127 x 104 x 80
    • Weight without battery: 560 grams

Would tell you to go for the Nikon D5000. I am saying this because I have read a lot of reviews and I am saying this one is the best one to be in the pocket. You can also see this for yourself. Well I am not sure on the market in terms of the second hand lens. I think that the lens that are supplied for the Nikon models are of different varieties. Also I am little bit unsure about the backward compatibility of the lens of other brands, and I am sure that most of the Nikon lenses are going to work with all models of the cameras.

Not so sure about the glass, but would like to keep this thing also in the current discussion, if the Nikon glasses are really better. In the microscopes that are used everywhere, and even in my college that I have seen, the glasses of Olympus or Nikon. I have never found any microscopes with Canon. Does it mean that Nikon glasses are superior to Canon glasses. Are there any comparison made in this contest. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by kAMARAJA View Post
    Not so sure about the glass, but would like to keep this thing also in the current discussion, if the Nikon glasses are really better. In the microscopes that are used everywhere, and even in my college that I have seen, the glasses of Olympus or Nikon. I have never found any microscopes with Canon. Does it mean that Nikon glasses are superior to Canon glasses. Are there any comparison made in this contest. Please help.
    It totally depends on specific lenses. Actually the designing of the lens is not an art but science. Same materials are available to each and every companies, it totally depends on the extent to which it gets fabricated. If the lens wants to be of perfect quality, then the cost of fabrication is really more indeed. It totally depends on the maker of the lens, how much he wants to spend on the fabrication. Nikon makes consumer grade lenses as well as premium, as does Canon.

In my suggestion T2i has more megapixels and a better LCD. The megapixels are six times more, and has less noise. It has better LCD, even better video features and an AF motor. The D5000 also does not have this AF motor, for it. So, I think if they are taking some more amount then it is of-course that they ill be providing something more features in addition to what others are doing. Hope the best guys.