Thread: Keyboard problem on Sony Vaio VGN-FZ11Z

Keyboard problem on Sony Vaio VGN-FZ11Z

I am the proud owner of a Micro SONY VAIO VGN-FZ11Z comes with Windows Vista Home Premium. But VISTA, I do not like. So I decided to install XP. I got very ill and taking me twice in 6 months. The second time, I found drivers for everything including the Intel chipset. But because there is a BUT, it seems that my keyboard is not well controlled. Already, special keys located above the keyboard do not work. Then, when typing, the cursor jumps randomly. It can change the window or jump back to if I did not take care, continue to type in the middle of text or a word. It is very unpleasant. I wonder if the problem could be due to a faulty driver or missing.

Re: Keyboard problem on Sony Vaio VGN-FZ11Z

Have you checked the device manager if there was no problem with the keyboard? If not, no problem with the battery? It works perfectly (discharge and recharge)? Just check these things and let me know the result for this. If you are thinking that this problem is related to driver then you should updated the driver for your Sony Vaio VGN-FZ11Z.

Sony does not use a specific driver for portable keyboards so if you install a different bone than the original, some keys do not work Fn keys, CD-DVD drawer opening, tilting screen. I had the same issues on windows 7 -64 bits per clean installation and not per update. In the faq Sony, I saw the response of SAV, said yes, you lose the keys! "While the primary functions of your VAIO are expected to work, some minor features for example to change sound volume hotkeys May not work.”

I found either in another window or by typing in elsewhere in the text, which has the effect of making sentences incomprehensible. Now, I do not know if it was in your case, but for mine, the problem was in fact too stupid. It turns out that using since the dawn of time fixed pc with keyboard and mouse; I was not accustomed to the touch pad for mouse and since I put my hands in the center of the keyboard, they must be based on something and that something was the touch pad.

For the problem of Fn you need to reinstall hotkeys utilities because when you make a windows disables Windows is a bug! go ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Vaio/Hotkey then download: hotkeys and then execute the file and install and then start, normally you can use the keys fn. (If it does not work doing the same thing with the file SonyUtils_Hotkey_10.zip).

My concern is that on a Sony VAIO VGN fe21b no key on my keyboard do not respond! If I hit the P key to print the page launches If I type B bookmarks page, if I type in the web W is closed! c the worst that I can write anything to repair anything! If you had an answer to my concern then let me know about that and thank you in advance for replying to my question.

I tried everything that users have recommended: -Download all files Hotkeys proposed Make impossible combinations with the Num Lock key, go on VAIO Support, Vaio Event Service is installed on my computer And my fn key does not work! Is there any perfect solution for the problem I am facing, I desperately need the solution for this problem.