Thread: Average life of the VAIO Z?

Average life of the VAIO Z?

Sony Vaio Z, I recently purchased it. It is really wonderful for the one's who love to travel. I have to travel a lot in view of my business. The battery of this laptop is even more wonderful. I am happy to have this laptop. Yet I have not found any flaw in it. Now I am wondering how long is it going to give me this kind of service. Now exactly I need to know the average life of Vaio Z. Can anyone here tell me regarding this?

Re: Average life of the VAIO Z?

The question that you have asked is really hard to answer. It is so because one can not describe the life in advanced. It is how you all are going to use the laptop. It totally depends on the applications that you all use on the laptop. It also depends on the way you use it and how well you look after it. Really it is not possible to answer. If you ask about the reliability, then on the reliability scale it stands on the fifth position. Hope you got the point.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I am back here, if you are not able to estimate the life of my laptop, i would love to tell what are the things that I would love to do on my laptop. I want to browse the internet as long as possible without any disturbances. Also want to see High Definition Videos. I love games, so there is every single possibility that I will be playing heavy games as well. The games that I will be playing will be really intensive on the CPU and GPU. I guess know you all here can make a judgment on the life of VAIO Z, when I will be using it in this manner.

I think that you did not get what Bon-Z tried to tell. It is really hard to make an estimate of one's life of the laptop. It is just like asking When will the next Tsunami is going to occur, or when is the next Earthquake going to take place. It is up to you how good care you are going to take care of the laptop. If you want to make your laptop last for years then you need to give it a proper servicing. If it has been kept with care it should last for at-least 5 years without any issues.

There is a guy in my neighborhood, who is having Vaio Z 12. He, uses the laptop very roughly. He uses it for extensive programming, as he is a developer. He uses it for Database work to .net programming work. From this I guess that I can help you about the life of the laptop. He is using it for the past 2-2.5 years and still it is going on without any issues. So, if proper care is taken then I think for 3-4 years your laptop will work properly without causing you much trouble. I hope that you are satisfied with this.

A new computers can even fail within minutes. So, estimates like this are absolutely worthless. Also, it may happen that an abused laptop can last for decades. I have seen many laptops that in my life which worked without any problem for more than 10 years, and yet they are strong on there work. So, other than for things like batteries where it is possible to estimate lifespan, it'll last as long as it lasts.