Thread: Dell XPS 1530 problem

Dell XPS 1530 problem

A few days ago my 1530 froze and I was left with what I was last looking at but now with some odd looking line fragments across the screen, of different colors. Nothing was happening so I turned the computer off and back on and was met with a white screen that slowly dissolved to black ( I was odd in the way it did this. It started in a few areas towards the bottom of the screen and radiated outward as time went on. I also looked grainy.)

I wasn't really sure what was going on so I went and hooked the computer up to a friends tv using the hdmi port. The tv was saying that it was no receiving a signal.

Later today I started it up to take pictures of the problem, and noticed that aside from the odd dissolving that was going on, the computer seemed to run normally. The leds would light up like normal, the led by the camera would flicker, and I was able to hear the noise that is heard right before the log in screen.

Aside from this recent problem I've had issues with over heating and have had to have the motherboard replaced

Any idea what this issue could be? Ill update with pictures of the dissolving effect.

here are pictures. the color in the last two is a bit off from what they actually are. Though they look brown, its only should be black and white and gray.

Screen Shot 1
    Screen Shot 2
    Screen Shot 3
    Screen Shot 4
    Screen Shot 5

Re: Dell XPS 1530 problem

This is due to bad display. Your display is damaged. It does not matter if your motherboard is heating then either your system will hang or you will face a blue screen issue. But does not effect the display till there is no major hardware. XPS systems screen is made of LED display which has block of lights on the entire screen. If they are damaged then you face the issue. For the TV output I can consider the same as a motherboard issue. Call the dell service support for replacement if the system is under warranty.