Thread: Nokia C5 Chat Problems

Nokia C5 Chat Problems

I have a Nokia C5 mobile with me.It is pretty cool. Now, whenever I try to sign in on windows live messenger it pops up with a message saying that: In order to activate the services that you have requested you need Nokia Messaging Subscription. If you will press 'Reject', then you will have to access to Ovi chat i.e. Nokia's chat community. If you need more information please visit messaging.nokia.com.. I have no idea what should I do? I have tried to download the chat application again but it still does the same. Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem?

Re: Nokia C5 Chat Problems

Thanks a lot Ajabu, I was also think of posting this query, and luckily you posted this before me. Now I have to just mentioned that, I have a similar problem as yours. Is there anyone who can solve this one for me and my friend above. I also love my Nokia C5, and want to take complete advantage of my phone. I want to use each and every application of it. I just want to get out of this issue. Please help.

You all are having Nokia C5, and you all are facing the problem regarding the chat. I think that the issue of yours is somewhat similar with the behavior that is observed in Nokia C3. I do not have C6 but in my case when I was using C3, I did not had the options in Chat to login to live messenger, gtalk, etc. Only OVI service was selectable. Once I logged in to OVI service, I had options to add the other services too. So do you have an OVI account? Therefore I think you might have to add the OVI service before you could use the others.

I tried running Ovi chat on your suggestion. I ran the Ovi chat alone, it logged in till here it was OK. Then after that I logged out of this and selected option 5 saying Get Nokia Messaging. After this it collects an update and then installs it. After this I cannot log into any chatting site, saying "Nokia Messaging Subscription Required" again with the two options OK and Reject. If I clicked on OK it takes back to the main chat menu. If I select Reject it removes the update for other gtalk etc. ovi chat then works again. Please help.