Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad X200 - adding a bluetooth module

Lenovo ThinkPad X200 - adding a bluetooth module

I have ordered Lenovo ThinkPad X200 and there is not bluetooth in this laptop. But i guess it would be possible to add the bluetooth module on this laptop. But an only problem is that i do not know the proper procedure as how to add it in my laptop. Can somebody give some proper step by step guide for doing this.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad X200 - adding a bluetooth module

Once you have received your materials and instructions, has you a screwdriver to disassemble the laptop. The location of the bluetooth module is located on the motherboard and the keyboard. You must remove LCD screen, keyboard, hull ... You have to unscrew a screw thirty. Be thorough and organized disassembly while respecting to disassembly of the record.

After the hardware installation, so that the Bluetooth is activated, you must install the following two tools Acer Empowering Framework and Power Management. These two tools are used to manage the activation of components (Bluetooth, WLAN, ...). Once you restart your computer at the end of the previous step, Bluetooth finally works.

The Bios is set to Bluetooth enabled, the device manager but it is not listed. Even if I try the Bluetooth Enhanced Data Rate software to install II ", this does not work, because there is no Bluetooth module is found. On the side of Lenovo, I have found even the aforementioned software and am not even sure if this includes the driver. The operating system I'm using Windows 7 64bit, which I re-installed after receiving the notebook.

I know the Edge not exist - but it is for Bluettooth a hardware switch? What if you "Fn + F5" press? Can You with Access Connection radio transmission on or off? Has the Edge, the ThinkVantage Productivity Center? There should also menu options to turn on and off type. Are they activated? Maybe it is actually known to a missing driver for BT - then enter this time the link that points to the Lenovo site.

When you open the tool will not get far, however, you click the right mouse button on the icon in the taskbar, you get the options you have described the connections on and off. So simple, but come on it I'm still not equal. Well Maybe it helps yes again one or the other, which also has a degree blockhead.