Thread: Stereo Mix enabled but not working

Stereo Mix enabled but not working

I have bought a new computer system on which i have installed Windows Vista OS. I want to get the Stereo Mix device in the Recording Devices of this system to broadcast sound. I have set it as a default device but i am not able to get it in the CamStudio to record the sound. Another problem is that i am running the video in the ManyCam but it is not broadcasting the video's sound. What is the problem in my case?

Re: Stereo Mix enabled but not working

In order to enable stereo mix on vista, you have to follow these steps:
    1. Click on start
    2. Type "sound" in the Run Search and then press Enter.
    3. Right click on "registration" and then click on the "show disabled devices".
    4. Right click on the the icon which just displayed now for stereo mix.
    5. Click on "Enabled" and then Click on "default".
    6. Click on an Enter and you are done!

1) In the notification area right-click on the speaker icon, then select "Recording Devices". In the window that appears, you may already have a microphone enabled or nothing, at least in the white right-click and choose "Show Disabled Devices" and possibly also "Show devices disconnected. But for the Stereo Mixer only the first case only. You see you in that the Stereo Mixer has changed its name and is now called "Stereo Mix", French translation, no doubt. A right click, click "Enable".

I think it's a problem with drivers, I personally found really binding vista install the drivers that we chose the same. So try to uninstall any drivers for your sound (you must have in (I have version) device driver in your sound device and. (I think its controller) to restart and try again to install the most recent version of your drivers and retry the technique described here. I have vista 64bit full.

Click the right mouse button on the speaker icon in the system tray (the area left of the system clock in the lower right corner of the screen) and select from the context menu "Recording devices". Switch to the tab "Recording" and keep there eye out for "stereo mix". This recording device are you there so far are not so you could only turn to. To do this, right-click in the free area below the existing recording devices and select "Show Disabled devices". Now is also called "stereo mix" appears, but this recording device is disabled yet still. It to activate , you click the right mouse button on "stereo mix and select" Enable ".

If after a successful installation in your program list (Windows button -> All Programs) -> Virtual Audio Cable and Right! Audio Repeater to select the tab "Compatibility", sits on a hook "program in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" and then run down to "Permission Level": "program as administrator". Opens the Audio repeater. Selects Wave in: "line in (Virtual Audio Cable)" and Wave out: "Speaker / Headphone (Realtek)". That you need to include, for example, a stream, which it plays in Winamp (because I know now how it works), or if you want to record from a music file, only a certain part.

Me too had this problem that Vista had with me so turned off almost all audio inputs by default. Click the bottom right of the time with Clock Derr real-click the Sound icon. There you go then on playback devices. Click using the right mouse button menu, playback devices and then click 'Show Disabled Devices ", now to appear all input sources. Why are these sources were not really hidden, I understand. Hope it works for you.