Thread: Nokia C5 email problems

Nokia C5 email problems

I just bought this Nokia C5 mobile. I was very happy with the price and the facilities that this mobile has. It was pretty convincing that this mobile was having all the features within Rs.8000. I got the Vodafone card for this, and everything works fine for that except for the email. I tried tyo figure this problem out with the email setup wizard, but it always directs me to the home page of the Wizard. I do not know why is this happening? Can you all please tell me something in this respect.

Re: Nokia C5 email problems

Yes, indeed Nokia C5 is pretty cool, but the email exception is what I am a little bit worried of. I tried many solutions that I was doing with the other phones of Nokia, but could not find help from it. I also tried many other possible solutions one of which also included the email setup wizard. Whenever I type the email address and password for my account it just send me to the home page of the wizard. I even tried contacting the Help Support for Nokia, but it was really useless. Please help. Thanks.

Nokia C5 thought that this will satisfy my all requirements, but was really disappointed when got the problem with the email settings. I tried setting my email account on the mobile but whenever I try to enter the id and the password for the account it does not response. After a long time it just displays the start page. I tried Gmail, Yahoo, etc. but nothing worked. Internet settings, wap and mms are correctly configured, browser works fine as well, this problem only exist with email service.

Disappointment and only disappointment, is going on this thread with Nokia C5. It sounds that you all have problem with the handset. F4om my side I would suggest you to perform a master reset on your device. After doing this you can go for the settings and then try performing the operation again. Do take backup of all the data as doing master reset would wipe all data from your handset. Do this and let me know what happened, when you did this. If you have any other problem with this, then you can post it here again.

It(Nokia C5 email) was at the first not working for me but however I got this work for me. First I removed all the email accounts of mine from the mobile. After removing this I downloaded and installed new nokia messaging client. You can also download it. After all this I re-created all my email accounts that I had deleted. At first you need to check whether your nokia messaging account is working or not. You can check this by logging in to email.nokia.com. Now it is working for me, I hope the same for you.

I will give the try to the suggestions above, I am here once more to state my problem clearly. The problem is that, when I go into the C5 email setup, I enter the details of my account, after this it simply states thet it is verifying. Then suddenly takes back to the set-up page. It does not even give any warning if there is any kind of problem. As internet is running well on my mobile I do not think that there is any problem from the SIM(Vodafone) side. I simply wish to manually check email messages from time to time, and NOT be on-line permanently.