Thread: Panasonic ToughBook CF-19 Mk 1 Win 7 problems

Panasonic ToughBook CF-19 Mk 1 Win 7 problems

I am using the Panasonic ToughBook CF-19 from the last 1 year and never faced any kind of problem with this laptop. But since last two days, the screen of this laptop have started flickering. I guess this could be an issue of Windows XP drivers which i have installed on this system. Actually this flickering does not come all the time but when i try to make out the speaker volume level or brightness level. Sometime black screen appears in between for fraction of seconds and then it becomes normal.

Re: Panasonic ToughBook CF-19 Mk 1 Win 7 problems

I have changed my screen for a samsung 940NW, 19 "wide, and my CG is a Geforce 7300 GS. However, I found a problem ... When the screen is "cold" after a few seconds of extinction, I qand back on, the screen flickers ... all still readable, but it really hurts the eyes. However, I have only changed a few settings (example: I go to 60 Hz and then reverts to 75Hz) for the display returns to normal. Have you any idea? I have tried searching on the net to put my pilot days but got nothing.

If your LCD monitor flickers, it is likely that the refresh rate is set too high. The optimal refresh rate of an LCD is 60 Hz, regardless of the resolution used. For optimal viewing, it is advisable to set the resolution on the basic resolution recommended for the size of your monitor.
    If changing the refresh rate does not solve the flicker problem, it is likely that the backlight of your monitor is faulty. In this case, you must revise your monitor. To make an appointment for service, call customer service at 0825086565. Before calling, prepare the model number and serial number of your monitor to fingertips.

I suggest you to check that your system's OS having all the latest windows drivers or not. As if there is any issue regarding the drivers then i suggest you get the proper drivers from an official website of the hardware of which you ate gonna download the latest driver for your windows. Make sure that you have downloaded the driver for the matching version of your windows operating system.

If your screen flickers too, Windows OS offers a tool to adjust the refresh rate of the image. The refresh rate is expressed in hertz (Hz) and indicates how many times per second line is redisplayed. The higher the frequency is high and less screen flicker is noticeable. It advises frequencies higher than 72 Hz (in this case is more noticeable flicker) to avoid eyestrain when using the screen to do this...
    1. Go to the Start menu, click Settings and then Control Panel.
    2. In the Windows Control Panel, double-click the Display icon.
    3. In the window that appears on the screen, click on the Settings tab and then click the Advanced button.
    4. Click the Adapter tab and the Refresh Rate box, select optimal.
    5. Click on Apply and OK to save the election.

Laptop's screen gets flickered when your laptop is getting the fluctuating power supply. An issue could be with the spy guard or an adapter which you have connected to your laptop. I suggest you to connect your laptop directly to the power supply and then check that an issue gets solved or not. If not then you may try connecting some other spyguard which might solve your problem.