Thread: Studio XPS 1640 Crackling/Popping Audio

Studio XPS 1640 Crackling/Popping Audio

Hello friends I am using Dell Studio XPS 1640 laptop. I bought it last month and it was working superbly. I was happy with its performance. But from last week I am facing some kind of sound problem. I have installed windows 7 ultimate. My laptop is with pops and crackles intermittently throughout songs during playback. I thought that is happening because of ITunes but when I tried some other programs, result was same. It mostly cracks every time with my laptop. If here anybody has the solution of my problem then please help me.

Re: Studio XPS 1640 Crackling/Popping Audio

I have faced this same problem on my Dell laptop but I was using windows Vista on my Laptop. If you do not lie the HD audio features and system that’s is provided by the IDT Providers and now simply uninstall the IDT provider completely from your machine. Now let the windows install its driver automatically for you. I made these changes with my laptop and now my sounds system work well. I hope it will help you also. Just try it

I have no complaints with my Dell laptop for typing or for sound drivers or any cracking voice etc. I have checked my sound and Drivers configuration and I hope these setting will help you to solve your issue:
    In my laptop Device manger I saw under Device Manger under “Sound, video and game controller” I just found ‘ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio - ATI AA01’ and HD audio device. For my uses all these setting are well enough because I am not facing any problem.

I have installed windows vista on my laptop and its work fine on normally every work. For me vista is completely fine apart from for an audio crackle/glitching trouble i appear to be experiencing very often. The improved audio material is turned off and i have the newest drivers from all vendors. Inside of expert music applications using ASIO drivers, things are perfect however operating Vista for day-to-day use is constantly riddled with glitching audio.

I had an alike trouble with the pop and crackle sound with my computer and here's my solution. Whenever I start up up windows and the start music plays I heard a crackle or popping sound beside with the wave file playing. If I put in a USB item like a pan drive I heard the same crackle or popping.I done all I could think of, in the software section, to resolve the problem before touching onto hardware but totally nothing worked. I done all kinds of motherboard drivers and bios change, used my soundcard or just the onboard sound, unusual video cards and even added a second power supply. The problem was on both OS'es even with clean installs of just one or the other. I sent an email to Intel l support after reading some post that the pop sound might be CPU connected, and was sured by Intel it was a motherboard connected problem. So I took the computer back to the store where I had bought most of the components and the owner kindly exchanged the motherboard with an Asus P5K-E (small upgrade charge) after hearing the sound for himself and I'm happy to say I haven't heard an unwanted snap, crackle or pop since. I have also read in other forums ppl complaining of these same odd sound from the P35 Chipset but cannot directly link it to Asus's P5K but after changing the board the trouble disappeared. It will solve your problem.

I have a Asus p5k-e and I am using vista and have this same issue, it is so dam irritating. I detect that the sound and the video glitch together. I thought it was a driver subject but not. I have no thought that what to do, should i return the motherboard. But later on I thought I should try to update my audio drivers and I did this and now I am not facing such problem. I hope it will solve your problem if you will try all this will your dell laptop.

1. It is not necessary that all problems belong to your software department. It may be related to your hardware department. But still I suggest you that you try to update your sound drivers. And now I am saying that problem may be with your inbuilt speakers so try some external sound system and play it on your laptop. If they work well then there is just a problem with your hardware inbuilt speakers. Go to your dell support site and try to replace your inbuilt speakers.