Thread: M6400 + Windows 7 64-bit + eSATA

M6400 + Windows 7 64-bit + eSATA

I contain the laptop of Dell M6400 which is installed with Windows 7 64-bit. I also have the external hard drive of 500GB which was having many connectivity option like USB ,Firewire and eSATA . Firstly, I used to get connect with the laptop when I was using windows XP with the eSATA . But now when I try to connect my hard drive through eSATA cable which do not work properly and my windows also getting hang. I want to know any solution for resolving of our problem.

Re: M6400 + Windows 7 64-bit + eSATA

You have to bring the Windows 7 well-matched with the WiFi adapter. You have to try the installation of the drivers as the run as administration and you have to install in the proper manner. If not possible then try to download the vista driver and install in your windows 7 and make sure that it matches the component of the winndows 7. This might work for your computer jut try out this it might work for your computer.

I was also having the same problem so just I went to the AHCI mode and notice that windows 7 would not install lacking of the Intel Matrix Storage Manager 64 driver so I try to get the drivers for the windows vista at 64 bit from the dell official website and then install the intel chipset driver .It help me to get solve from my problem so it might help you to get rid with your problem. But make sure that you install the driver in the proper manner and install it in your machine

I tried numerous chipset drivers from the dell official website and from the intel official website but I got anywhere and not even reboot, and no changes where seen in the performace of my computer. Then later on I tried to download the "Intel Matrix Storage Manager" for win 7 64-bit from intel official website and this an done gradation of the "Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI controller" driver to a newer version. After that I tried out the reboot of my system but nothing worked.

you can also reformat the operating system and then reinstall the windows back to the system after that install the motherboard drivers in the computer which you have got along with the manufacturer company and then go for the updating of the intel chipset driver from the intel website and instal it in your computer. But most of the time the windows is already comes with the pre-installation of the chipset driver.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

My brother gifted me the new Dell m6400 which came install with windows 7 32 bit. I have the driver trouble with my eSATA. As now to start my computer with the hang up problem of the computer with WiFi adapter . But still when I use my computer I have problem with the hanging of the screen which only show the mouse cursor for the long time on the screen. I have tried installing some of the drivers but it still seems not solve with my problem. So, I need a solution that which drivers will suit my computer.

You have to try the following setting to make the wifi adapter work on your pc . first go to the start menu then all programs click on accessories and click the command prompt and right click on it then run as administrator and then type in the sfc/scannow . After that a new screen is seen after that you will see the verification % done .and then you have to click again on start menu and type services.msc in the search box and then press enter .At last look for the WLAN autoconfig and then set to auyomatic and not to automatic delay.

Raj-Nepali "used to get connect with the laptop when I was using windows XP with the eSATA."

I have XP 64-bit and connect through eSATA, but I only see one hard drive when there are two.

Any suggestions?

Raj-Nepali "used to get connect with the laptop when I was using windows XP with the eSATA."

I have XP 64-bit and connect through eSATA, but I only see one hard drive when there are two.
    In Device Manager check to see the another hard drive. Even there if you are not able to locate it, then check it in BIOS. If you are not able to see that in BIOS, then there should be some hardware issue. Try to check that the cables of hardware are properly plugged in.