Thread: Dell Inspiron 1525 Microphone not working

Dell Inspiron 1525 Microphone not working

Hi wanted to know if anyone can offer some solution to my problem, the issue is this, I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 with Windows Vista and the built-in microphone is going well but when i connect an external microphone does not hear any sound, try of fiddling with sound settings in the Windows Vista but honestly a bit and I'm not used to it. I hope you can answer my question soon and many times I get together with friends and play karaoke and I can not use my external microphone!! Please help me to resolve this problem...

Re: Dell Inspiron 1525 Microphone not working

Sounds like that this is a driver problem and hence you are not able to get this problem fixed. You have not mentioned that whether the drivers are working properly or not So it would be better if you can try to uninstall the existing drivers and install the drivers once again on your system will certainly fix the issue.

I too have similar problems with the microphone, speaking on Skype me say I have a mouse voice I do not know how to configure the microphone or the audio output. I install something wrong or am i missing something please tell me is wrong with my laptop. Any help in this matter would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance

I have the solution is simple, I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 and when using the built-in microphone for video calls my voice sounded distorted and very thick like a robot, well after much research and finding nothing frustrates me, but tried and tested I managed to make the microphone works and now I can communicate by skype quiet for msn and my voice sounds good, and the answer is very simple, this model Dell uses a SigmaTel audio driver for handling audio devices such as speakers and microphones, good in the case of mine that works with Windows Vista Home Premium.

I have recently bought used Inspiron 1525 with Windows 7 installed as operating system. I found out that builtin Microphone is not working. Can somebody please suggest me a solution. I have explored Dell website for solution & driver update for Windows 7 for Inspiron 1525 but Dell does not support windows7 for Inspiron 1525.

Quote Originally Posted by wajahatalishah View Post
    I have recently bought used Inspiron 1525 with Windows 7 installed as operating system. I found out that builtin Microphone is not working. Can somebody please suggest me a solution. I have explored Dell website for solution & driver update for Windows 7 for Inspiron 1525 but Dell does not support windows7 for Inspiron 1525.
    It would be appreciated if you can you put up a screenshot of your mic settings, along with the list of input devices in the main sound control panel app. Also, most of the time the sound gets problematic cause of the drivers, so try installing the Sigmatel Audio drivers for your Dell Inspiron 1525 and restart and check if it works.

Many thanks for help. I installed Sigmatel drivers & now its working