Thread: Gateway P-7805u Hard Drive Temperatures

Gateway P-7805u Hard Drive Temperatures

I have a Gateway P-7805u and my hard drive gets very hot , After that it can not be supported by my motherboard. In any case , it heats up much more than others, and soon after it bug , then I am obliged to remove the sata , boot the computer , turn off plug to make sure it works , otherwise , my computer freezes entirely. That I say something , I unplugged the sata , the remaining power supply is connected and I just realize that the disc is still hot? Please help.

Re: Gateway P-7805u Hard Drive Temperatures

For your normal hard disk is that it heats according to the manufacturer that it is between 5 and 55 ° 60 ° max you so it's not too bad if you happened to keep you and 55 ° is OK. It normally . (Which is a first saw your case ), Otherwise , you can still be cool .
    for this :
    1 - do not stick your hard disk to another .
    2 - Fan cooled with a processor . They are much more efficient.

You have a problem heating CPU. You can easily check in the bios. The temperature is indicated . You can also check by installing software but, as it will be based on the probe of the motherboard and CPU , the result should be the same . Then , after checking the rotation of the fan (is it the right way ? ) you can remove the fan from its power to clean and fins . This is quite fast (4 screws ) and that will do him good. If the heat persists , we must completely remove the fan and block and back with the special paste making sure it is well positioned.

It is important to throw throw an occasional glance at the temperature of components computer. Indeed, it may happen that a fan is not Access powerful or that it is foul and it turned over to full power .Where a component ( processor, hard drive ) heater , this can cause crashes, recémarrages untimely or sudden stop of the computer .The temperatures of the hard drive must be less 50 degrees and 60-65 degrees for the CPU . To monitor the temperature of the hard disk, we use hddtemp , for the processor and motherboard SpeedFan . Program HWMonitor gathers this information into a single interface.

The hard disk is a vital component of your computer. It contains all your data ( files and applications). Excessive temperature can damage or at least have an impact on the life of your hard drive . Hddtemp will not allow you to lower the temperature of your hard drive but at least the monitor. The hddtemp Download ( free) since the download area MemoClic. Once downloaded, run the installation by accepting the terms of use. You can start hddtemp , through your start menu - All programs - HDD temperature or simply the new icon on your desktop .

Perhaps a change is needed cooler , maybe the cooler was not well poised, perhaps, that the probe motherboard madness. In any case it would bring the tower in an assembler , this kind of problem can be fatal. Otherwise he would try to raise the temperature with the other programs have a history record in the standards for inform, Try to make statements with real temp , HWMonitor , speed fan.