Thread: Gateway p7805u CPU AND GPU overheating

Gateway p7805u CPU AND GPU overheating

I have a laptop Gateway p7805u, Like my laptop will often designed to operate at full throttle for 16 hours a day , I have some questions on cooling
    1. what is the most heat the laptop? Is it the heavy use of the graphics card ( so in games ) or is it the CPU? In my case the graphics card will work office.
    So I am worried !
    2. On a Gateway p7805u , which in the best basic cooling system.

Thank you all for helping me to solve these issues.

Re: Gateway p7805u CPU AND GPU overheating

You need to check this:
    1 - As you have installed a temperature monitoring software (which? ) on your DV6 , you should be able to see the maximum temperature before shutdown or save them if your software allows to view them afterwards.
    2 - With the example of Windows Task Manager you can see the evolution of the load of your CPU.
    3 - With 1 - and 2 - above you can learn and track material to be investigated.
    4 - If this is not " material " is " software " or a combination of both.
    Opening the Windows Event Viewer you can see who and when planted your DV6. Then remains to find a / the solution .

For monitoring , I installed SpeedFan ( the processor) and GPU - Z ( for the graphics card ) that gives me what I need to know , ie temperature. I did another test and after a quick return on windows to see the temperature, it was at 70/75 degrees . For the graphics card about 65 degrees. the processor load on Killing Floor , was approximately 50%. A note of all time: In my tests on Counter Strike it seems that the server on which I 've played when I was rebooting it. What could cause shall have the freezess. After a quick game it solo seem there have no problem but I did not prolong the game. However , 10minute games on Killing Floor is sufficient to reproduce the problem. The game freezes and then a few seconds later the screen turns black .

For the temp of the 8800GTS, I confirm , it's a normal temperature. However, as Sid speaks in another post, Verify that you do not particularly nVidia drivers 196.75 which can cause overheating. For the fans , just like ziggy , I use a Rheobus with 3-pin fans , which can accurately manage the voltage (hence the speed of rotation, so the ratio temp / noise) . On the software side, I leaned on Speedfan, but depending on the equipment of your machine is not always enough : to be effective , it must be compatible probes and iMac's fans . Eventually, if you have not already , big fan of good housing bringing the exhaust air from the room in the tower you can save a few degrees on all components.

I think that process is hugely ate your RAM and so heated the map, because 70 degrees is really mine heats up to 45 degrees in early and stays at 55 C checks if there asse thermal paste , if your diet can suffer so much material for a big config requires a good power supply, I have a 140 volt like that I'm quiet . lol and if not it surprise me that there is dust on the radiator. Indeed , the fact of opening the box to a PC , bring fresh air inside. But this fresh air is apparent that the fan from behind in extraction . and the flow of air that is largely superior to that sample , so the hot air is stagnant and raise the temperature . However it may work when there 's flow of air throughout the room, as it must be the case with you so that it made a drop of 20 °.

Open a box drops the temperature I do for years because the hot air will drain naturally, but it is clear that compared to a forced ventilation gains will never be the same. With natural ventilation (open box + cooler) the gains can be estimated between 5 and 10 degrees and it will provide for bombs because dust will find enough. With a forced ventilation (admission fresh air from the bottom and escape from the top ) we can win up to 20 ° air (fresh ) being channeled and renewed in permanent , condition to leave the rear of the PC least 10 cm from any wall, partition etc hich would have the effect of preventing the escape of hot air correct view to create a cap of warm air.