Thread: How to Block lost Phone ?

How to Block lost Phone ?

I was using my Nokia N70 from last 2 years but I have lost it yesterday I have registered FIR but I do not think they can help me getting it back so I want block my phone so that it will be unusable for the person stolen. I want to know what can be the possible way to block my phone. Please suggest me possible way which can be implemented in short time.

Re: How to Block lost Phone ?

Your nokia n70 is not a cheap phone, before blocking it make sure that you try to find it with the help of police, if it did not work out then you can go for other option as blocking the phone through the sim. this problem will be solved by the service provider i.e company who's sim you are using. you can contact customer care for resolving your problem.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

As you are saying you want to block the phone it can be possible through IMEI numbers which termed as International Mobile Equipment Identification . this number is assign to all the mobile handsets which is unique. No two mobile can have the same imei number same. You can get it on your handset by typing *#06# on your mobile. As this number is unique, it will help to locating your lost or stolen mobile handset. now, note down this IMEI number and keep in a safe place. You can also find your mobile IMEI number on your mobile handset packet cover.

Your lost phone can be located using the imei number which is unique and can be find out by using the code *#06# on your mobile which is also can be taken from the mobile network providing company as when you switch on your mobile, sim card tries to connect with any available network. Once it finds a supported network it tries to build a network connection between your mobile handset and the nearest tower. During this connection negotiation, your SIM transfers some internal information to the network operator such as your mobile IMEI number, mobile model, version etc. so they can definatly can help you to trace the phone.

The mobile you lost can be block by several ways one of the way can be you can contact your network provider to block your IMEI number which unique for your phone. Before that register FIR which will be required to submit to network provider, follow the procedure and ask them to block your IMEI number ,they use a shared hosting service for blocking IMEI numbers, which means if you have asked network ‘Airtel’ to block your mobile handset, it automatically gets blocked by network. this will defiantly help you to solve the problem and for further unconvinced.

each phone have a unique number known as the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number, this can be used to trace a mobile anywhere in the city or country . Even if the SIM card (network) is changed i.e. sim is changed on lost phone, it can be traced. If you have IMEI number of your stolen phone then report it to your operator to block the device. Service provider store phone’s IMEI number in a database called as an Equipment Identity Register (EIR) which minimize the threats of theft of phone. to make your phone inaccessible in other networks (service providers), IMEI no is transferred to Central Equipment Identity Register (CEIR) which stores the IMEI numbers of blacklisted handsets. Once the device number is listed on CEIR, it wouldn’t work with any of the network provider.