Thread: G73 keyboard missing keystrokes

G73 keyboard missing keystrokes

I have purchased a new Asus G73 Laptop last month. It was working properly. Normally I use my laptop for word typing and it was working very well. But from last one week I have some problem with its keyboard. Is anyone else experiencing this? I type at 100word per, minute casually, and it start to drive me mad because its becomes freeze. I would like to give him thanks if somebody will help to address this problem. I also know that uninstalling the touchpad drivers will work out but I do not accept it. I really want to solve my keyboard problem. help me

Re: G73 keyboard missing keystrokes

I also have the same Asus G73 laptop but I am not facing this problem and also my speed is not too fast but still I will suggest you some solution to do with your laptop. You should clean your keyboard contact on the ribbon cable and now your should check that it works or not. Sometime dust and moisture also make these kinds of mistake in your keyboard. Please avoid your laptop keyboard from all these type of problem and use some blower to make dry and dust free.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I think so this is the problem because of very high speed typing because my typing is normal and I do not have such kind problem on my Asus laptop. But still should look out on your laptop drivers and try to update them to latest version. Make sure that you have done the keyboard filter driver installed in windows OS. And also uninstall the stock synapics driver and install the latest generic one from their site. It helped me to fix my problem with dropped keys and my shortcut to disable and enable the trackball still works.

Firstly I will advise you to look at on your software before going to touch your hardware peripherals because it can damage your laptop instead of repairing it and you lost your warranty clam also. First go to your manufacture’s website any list your model number and see there if any touchpad driver update is available or not. If there is updates are available then reinstall older one and install new one on your laptop and reboot it and check your keystrokes. If is still having the problem then I am sure it is belongs to hardware problem and you should calm your warranty to your manufacture company and try to change your laptop keyboard. Do not touch your laptop keyboard by him self

I cannot comments that you should touch your hardware peripherals on your laptop. But have done all this on my laptop and it’s really help me out at some range. Last day I took out my keyboard from my laptop and make some reseated all the connecters. I also avoid the entire adhesive to make it easier to use. It helps me a lot. But still I cannot tell you surely that it will help you on your laptop. I am able to type little better but some time problem persists. I still suggest you this but the arrangements of connecter on the bottom of the keyboard are very difficult .

Have you dropped any liquid like water on your laptop keyboard or you have dropped it down anytime. I have one option to check the problem of your problems. You connect any external keyboard to your laptop and type and check that it work properly or not and if it is working then it proves that your software and drivers is working properly and you any serious hardware problem with your laptop. I suggest you should clam your warranty if available and try to repair your keyboard. And if external keyboard is also not working properly then it is software problem and try to update your software and it will surely help you.

The technology used in this laptop is different from older keyboards. These are chick let keyboard and completely different from the normal plastic buttons keyboard. With this new technology the spacing is bit different so therefore to hitting buttons all the time while typing has probably shifted a few MM left or right. Normally its works good but in fast speed some time its start giving missing keystrokes problem. But chick let keyboards help to avoid moisture in your laptops.