Thread: Alternative to iPad

Alternative to iPad

Friends, I just want to ask that is there any computer company which produces any window based or linux based tablet PC having the same concept of ipad but it should not be actually ipad and it should not be that expensive. I don’t know any site where I can get the answer for that.

Therefore, if anyone have any idea about such product then please post it. I am waiting for your answer.

Re: Alternative to iPad

You can find many different alternatives for ipad. Here are some usual alternative like Notion Ink Adam, ModBook, HP Slate and Dell Streak and many more. There are more devices which are currently available or going to be available soon.

I am going to tell you some feature of enTourage eDGe dualbook. You can tell that it is something different from others. It has some advantage and disadvantage over ipad which are as follows:

Advantages over the iPad
    • More touchscreen real estate
    • SD card slot
    • 2 USB ports
    • User-replaceable battery

Disadvantages
    • No 3G
    • Less storage
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I think WePad will be the best alternative for ipad having Linux at its core. It is going to be less expensive. Iy has 2 USB port, WePad App Store + Android Marketplace. It has multitasking feature. It can also work with all ebook formats. It has Larger screen as compared to others. It also has a flash support. These are the advantage of this and as far as I know I dont see any disadvantage in it.

You will find that ModBook is the original Apple Tablet. Its price start from $899 but the price for ir reaches to $2,000 because customers have to provide a pre-polycarbonate unibody Macbook. It not a proper Apple product but Axiotron who has been making them from 2007. It is the best one and you can go for it without a doubt. Below is the image for ModBook, its a good looking and full of features.

ModBooks seems very good. I like the looks it has got. You told me that it is full of features But you have not given the features of it. Can you provide me the features that it has or I can say advantage and disadvantage of it. I also want to know that whether it is available in the market or it is going to released. please post your answer as early as possible. Thank you all for your posts.

Sure, Everything has some advantage and disadvantage. Its true in the case of ModBook. But advantage are more then disadvantage. Hear I have listed that and I hope that it will give you a clear idea.

Advantages
    • Built-in camera
    • 13.3-inch screen
    • Full OS X
    • Multitasking
    • Built-in optical drive
    • Flash support
    • Windows compatibility
    • 120GB hard drive

Disadvantages
    • No multitouch
    • No access to the App Store
    • No 3G modem

You can also consider Viliv as good alternative for ipad. It was released last year in South Koria. It introduced round of sleek portables and contains X70 heading on the tablets. Starting price for that is $597.

It has flash support, multitasking feature. It also has camera, usb slot, vedio out nad128 GB SSD. But it is not multitouch and does not give access to app store and has only 7 inch screen. But overall its a good alternative.